Author Topic: When and how did you start modding?  (Read 1930 times)

Referring to Blockland modding, of course. Feel free to reminisce a little. Not looking for completely objective responses.

This belongs in off topic.

This belongs in off topic.

Am I not discussing modification?

Well, this is the Moderation Discussion board and the OP states when one started modding so I think it's fine where it is.

When I got interested in making tools for Blockland (Around v20), noticed that it wasn't as easy as I believed it was, forgetit. So I stuck to client/server coding.

By making a RP chat and a firefighting mod in like 3rd grade or something, I don't really remember too well

..Well, this is the Moderation Discussion board..

This is Moderation Discussion? u wot m7+1?

Around when I first joined Blockland I wanted to make add-ons. So I started by just looking at their code and how they're packaged. I started to just modify values and other common sense things. Many coding help topics later... I can script fluently.

This is Moderation Discussion? u wot m7+1?
Modification* lol

I generally started, because the things I thought of were hard to describe for suggestions. What drove me to start back recently, was the fact that people began making only cars and guns.

I noticed that alot of the stuff that i wanted in my TDM server was not made nor did anyone want to make the things i requested so i started teaching my self TS refered to this alot http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~stewart/GPGT/Appendix%20A%20-%20Quick%20References.pdf

still do. Then i did sound related stuff. After i got my hands on extracted BF3 and BF4 audio i started out small and made death yell packs. Then met a guy who modeled named BangBang i had been teaching my self TS for long enough that me and him decided to make a Weapon pack, templated a few things from different packs and then made the Effects, damage modifiers, sighting etc myself. Then i did sound design using BF4 audio. Just like to point out that everytime you fire your weapon in Battlefield 5-7 different sounds are playing at the same time 2 of them randomizing and repeating. i became savy with these sounds and a program called Audacity. Afterwards my first mod were i actually coded and did sounds on was released as warfare pack. (which is discontinued for obvious reasons)

So yea thats when and how i started modding.

nobody really put together medieval armor
or better yet any mountable apparel at all

i followed the same method heed used to model

latest blender > older vers blender to export .dts

of course i havent released any armor yet; that might be up for change