Author Topic: Houston's mayor doesn't fancy church messages much  (Read 2373 times)

Ah lol
First amendment doesn't protect against public procrastination last time I checked :)
Wasn't the issue.
The law is unconstitutional in that it's "Anti-Discrimination" clause legislates what people can believe/say about minorities/homoloveuals/whatever. The issue isn't with the restrooms it's with the freedom-of-speech limiting riders that come with it.

i have no issue with governments pushing them around. forget them.

tax exempt,
This is the key here.
As part of their tax exemption status, there are certain rules regarding what they're allowed to do politically.
You can't tell people in your sermons to vote a certain way
So the subpeona on pastors who are very vocal in opposition is completely justified

The problem is that this could be used to further justify actions. For example if you don't work, you don't pay taxes. If you lose your job and protest some tax that costed your job at a failing company, the government could silence you because you don't pay taxes just because they can silence tax exempt organizations.

The problem is that this could be used to further justify actions. For example if you don't work, you don't pay taxes. If you lose your job and protest some tax that costed your job at a failing company, the government could silence you because you don't pay taxes just because they can silence tax exempt organizations.
How are they silencing anyone? They subpoena'd stuff...

No, I'm sorry but that is loving ridiculous. You can't use the bathroom of the opposite love just because you don't think you're supposed to have a dong or whatever. How can anyone seriously think that it's okay to go into the girls bathroom if they're biologically male just because they feel that they were supposed to be a female? If you have a snake you piss with the guys, if you have a vagina you piss with the girls and if you don't like it then you get an operation or deal with it.

I honestly can't get over how incredibly ridiculous the mere concept of such a thing is

I need someone to explain to me why this is a problem
I agree with Night Fox for once. If he (or she (or xe)) isn't actually doing anything wrong to anyone, who cares?

How are they silencing anyone? They subpoena'd stuff...
Do you know what that means? They're requiring that they provide written copies of the sermons, WHICH, under the law in question, is illegal.

Lets stop building bathrooms with stalls. Lets build individual restrooms. Like 20 of them. Everyone of them has a urinal, a toilet and one of those candy dispensers the girls rooms have. no more issues

with this logic i'll just say i believe i'm a female so i can go into the girls bathroom and spy on them :D

one of those candy dispensers the girls rooms have. no more issues

What?

with this logic i'll just say i believe i'm a female so i can go into the girls bathroom and spy on them :D
Welcome to the thread.

Lets stop building bathrooms with stalls. Lets build individual restrooms. Like 20 of them. Everyone of them has a urinal, a toilet and one of those candy dispensers the girls rooms have. no more issues
How about we just go all the way and put showers in every single restroom.

How about we just go all the way and put showers in every single restroom.
why stop there?
why not bathtubs in every restroom?

why stop there?
why not bathtubs in every restroom?

why stop there?
why not condom dispensers at the door of the restroom?