Author Topic: ArmyUnit's Elemental Bosses (Back on the shelf for awhile)  (Read 25526 times)

Well, they seem to have issues with bots, I might work on them a bit to see I can get them to work with bots too.

Really? They should work fine with bots. (Well, not sure about working AS bots, but they are not designed specifically for that. Eventually the minions will probably become bots, though.)

Army what's with your playertypes not working with bots lately
First swifty now this
Until we get an explanation I will not removing my tinfoil hat!

Advanced Bot didn't even say what the issue was. They could be completely unrelated issues.

SOUNDS SUSPICIOUS
Edit:
Maybe his bots are too advanced for the playertypes B)

He's probably using the default bots.

They don't even shoot the weapons properly; or they don't even attempt to shoot the weapon.

He's probably using the default bots.
Yes I am, but I can attempt to fix this.

A lot of the weapons need the player to hold the trigger down for a little time.
Bots don't really do such things. :X

Which elementals are you using? I don't recommend using the Ice ones for now. The Energy ones should mostly work fine with bots, though.

I'm using the HoloWasp, most likely all the weapons won't shoot . Not sure why.

I'm using the HoloWasp, most likely all the weapons won't shoot . Not sure why.

Ohhh I know why.

Every single weapon requires energy. The HoloWasp has a very small energy pool compared to the bosses, so it is literally unable to use some of the weapons. Especially the larger Ice weapons.

Even Iceus can't use all of the ice weapons. Glisten is the only one that can.

After some scanning of the bot holes code, we found some useful values we have to put in our weapon datablocks.
For instance, we put in "melee = 1;" for melee weapons (so that the bot will go closer) and "isChargeWeapon = 1;" for weapons that have to charge up.
Just putting that out here since not everyone knows this and who knows, it might prove useful for someone else.

Yea, that should be in there for a few weapons.

My bad, it does work with default bots. For some reason I forgot to check that fully since my RPG mod does something different when using an event that changes them entirely.

Hey army, i found an animation bug with the Iceus boosting.

Here is a vid about it, http://www.mediafire.com/watch/lgdp4hfnryqd5uq/Iceus_Glitch.flv

If you cannot use .flv files try converting it to mp4