Author Topic: nobody cares how old you are.  (Read 24565 times)

what's stopping you from not clicking on birthday topics? there is really no point to this drama, it doesn't even "spam" the off topic board. there's probably about 1 topic occasionally on the first page at most. people just want to share their birthday with their friends on the forum.

oh wow birthday threads are such a hassle to deal with

I agree with OP. We do have an age feature on the profile that updates every day so that we don't have to make a topic whenever it updates, and quite frankly birthday threads are annoying. Tell your friends about it on steam, nobody else really cares.

And, yknow, you guys are right. It doesn't hurt anyone! It doesn't really do much damage at all. But you could say the same for spam/stuffpost topics. If I make a topic and all it says in it is "My ass itches", it wont do any damage to the community whatsoever. It holds about the same amount of intellectual content as a birthday thread anyway. Where do we draw the line? Personally, I think all threads should have some form of actual content that can warrant a discussion. That is the definition of topic, after all. Birthday topics will push other more valid topics down the list, and it's kinda bullstuff.

yeah I mean, I hate bday threads. totally. it's not that they make my day any worse or anything it's just that they're there taking up those pixels on my screen. goddamnit. and therefor I must be bothered by them.

ignoring small things is a thing of the past, let us rise up and let the off topic section be home to discussable topics only!! (pssh, who said birthdays were discussable???)

I agree with OP. We do have an age feature on the profile that updates every day so that we don't have to make a topic whenever it updates, and quite frankly birthday threads are annoying. Tell your friends about it on steam, nobody else really cares.

And, yknow, you guys are right. It doesn't hurt anyone! It doesn't really do much damage at all. But you could say the same for spam/stuffpost topics. If I make a topic and all it says in it is "My ass itches", it wont do any damage to the community whatsoever. It holds about the same amount of intellectual content as a birthday thread anyway. Where do we draw the line? Personally, I think all threads should have some form of actual content that can warrant a discussion. That is the definition of topic, after all. Birthday topics will push other more valid topics down the list, and it's kinda bullstuff.
Ok first, Posting "My ass itches" as a topic will probably get you banned, second, If you don't want to look at birthday topics, there's this thing called the 'Back' button, it's at the top left of your screen, you click it, and it takes you to the previous page. Magic isn't it?

ITT: People get mad that nobody likes them enough to care about their birthday.

did you know my birthday is today for a limited time only of 57 minutes

Jesus forget that. Birthday threads have always been around, and I don't see them as an annoyance. If I recognize the person, I usually go in and say a quick happy birthday, if not you just ignore it and move on.

I got a free game from doughboy because of his birthday thread Zealot.

c'mon man why does it bother you so much

there should just be a ticker at the top of the forum showing all birthdays :D

i agree, birthday threads and the like are handicapped
basically if they don't spur substantial discussion they shouldn't be posted
e.g post your internet speed, birthday threads, "above poster" threads

everyone supporting op probably are just upset cause no one posted on their bday thread.

everyone supporting op probably are just upset cause no one posted on their bday thread.
Not just picking on you flat, but comments like this need to stop.

Birthday topics will push other more valid topics down the list, and it's kinda bullstuff.
I don't see how a single valid thread moving down the list by a single topic is so bad? I mean, we only get birthday threads every few... what, 2 months?
I got a free game from doughboy because of his birthday thread Zealot.

c'mon man why does it bother you so much
I'm thinking it's like what I said in Plexious' thread.
It's because he seems to think it's a form of spam and should be against the rules and thinks it's hard to ignore a topic. I ignore all kinds of threads all the time, I don't see how he can't just ignore these threads.
Either that, or he's just jumping on the "IF IT'S NOT DISCUSSION, BAN THEM!!" bandwagon.

Not just picking on you flat, but comments like this need to stop.
this