nobody cares how old you are.

Author Topic: nobody cares how old you are.  (Read 24251 times)

"entertaining for many people" can apply to birthday threads,

Where is the entertainment in someone's age? Please enlighten me how somebody is entertained by the sentence "It is my birthday today". Secret punchline? Inside joke? Who knows. Kishgal is truly a master of shadow comedy.

as can community bonding but that should go without saying
really pretty much all of those can be applied to birthday threads one way or another, so like, thanks for working against yourself, i guess

Yeah, I'm sure there's tons of ways to bond on somebody else's birthday. Nothing more relateable than a miniature social ascension in an anonymous person's life that you've never met. The only possible way I could ever see any sort of community bonding in a stuffty birthday thread was if 10 users had the same birthday and they all got drunk together.

So like, thanks for not making any sense, I guess.

no edit

Nothing like angsty passive aggressive sharpshooting to make up for a combined lack of ability to be funny and argue lol?

We should just ban birthdays
And the ability to post here

I didn't know that off-topic wasn't a board to post unrelated things in

I was so handicapped and slow in making this, not only does it look like stuff but I managed to somehow even post the fake topic gg mcidiot
Nothing like angsty passive aggressive sharpshooting to make up for a combined lack of ability to be funny and argue lol?
Calm the forget down, dude. I was making a joke about how serious it appears you're taking this.

I kind of get it, it does seem like spam at times. That said, this is the "Off Topic" board, and the forum rules are rather lightweight here. For people, their birthday is a special occasion, and they either want recognition of the fact, or they simply feel like posting here to start a conversation, and having a birthday is as good as any to start talking about.

There are many copycat threads and stupid threads that get made. That's why we have a choice to click on the ones we want to read, and ignore the ones we don't.

This isn't something like a 100% brown townly controlled forum, where it's highly moderated and you only have high intellectuals posting in a very specific manner. People here are casual and just want to talk with others. I don't see why you have a problem with the freedom of speech when it doesn't harm anybody in any way, shape or form.

Unless it does actually harm you.

Are you justifying your accidental spam
Sure looks like it

Are you justifying your accidental spam
Sure looks like it
There's no justification for it, which is why I locked it. Stupid error my behalf but it's gone now.

Holy stuff when did Rally get so brown town over birthday threads
Useless threads happen daily in off-topic, but holy stuff birthday threads? that's a serious loving issue code red everybody

Calm the forget down, dude. I was making a joke about how serious it appears you're taking this.
Buzzworrdddddd alert, my emotions do not modify my stance on this issue at all. I don't even have any emotions about it. I'm just putting my thoughts out there.

And yeah, I do kinda like to take debates seriously. Time and place.

I kind of get it, it does seem like spam at times. That said, this is the "Off Topic" board, and the forum rules are rather lightweight here. For people, their birthday is a special occasion, and they either want recognition of the fact, or they simply feel like posting here to start a conversation, and having a birthday is as good as any to start talking about.

There are many copycat threads and stupid threads that get made. That's why we have a choice to click on the ones we want to read, and ignore the ones we don't.

This isn't something like a 100% brown townly controlled forum, where it's highly moderated and you only have high intellectuals posting in a very specific manner. People here are casual and just want to talk with others. I don't see why you have a problem with the freedom of speech when it doesn't harm anybody in any way, shape or form.

Unless it does actually harm you.

So what you've just done is given me a brief explanation of how bad content has a tenancy to appear on forums. And that I should accept that, and not let it affect me. Groundbreaking.

You're right. People want to talk with others. Thing is, you cannot talk about someone having a birthday, it is literally impossible. There is absolutely nothing to be said about someone turning a different age, except for maybe the social philosophy behind having a construct such as birthdays. And that doesn't interest many people.

Fact of the matter is, you people think I am extremely loving angry about birthdays. Like the guy directly above me. I'm not. I honestly do not care if 5 birthday topics got posted in off-topic every day for the rest of my life, it wouldn't affect me at all. I seriously, do not give one single loving stuff. I don't expect to change anything by debating, I'm really just interested in why people think that birthday topics have absolutely any form of worth whatsoever in a forum where people discuss topics. I don't have a problem with free speech, I think you do. I believe that I have a right to debate this topic.

So no more 'hurpa durpa rally don't take anything seriously ever again man just smoke a doobie lol!', I have established that, without birthday topics, the quality of this forum would do nothing but improve. That's all. If every single one of you reading this right now decides to go make a topic about your birthday right now, I wouldn't dislike you for that.

Now that we've got that established, you can stop telling me to calm down. forget i hate it when people do that. my god. seriously, you're going to appeal to my emotion because you're so thick you can't come up with anything else? that last sentence is not directed at anyone in general, but I just absolutely despise it when people use this half-assed terrible excuse for an argument ugh

Now when I say "without birthday topics, the quality of this forum would do nothing but improve", I mean the topics that have absolutely no conversation point at all. They just simple become stale bastions of random off-topic garbage and terrible jokes. They do nothing at all. What I WOULD like to see however, is someone coming in and talking about their birthday, what that means in their life, what changes are ahead of them, what excitement they have for the upcoming change in education/responsibility/whatever, maybe share a story. That would be cool, because that is content. Anything less? No point. Just spam.

I honestly do not care if 5 birthday topics got posted in off-topic every day for the rest of my life, it wouldn't affect me at all. I seriously, do not give one single loving stuff.
This shot your entire argument clean in the face with a double barrel

Point is, these threads wont be marked as spam, and there really isn't anything you can do to stop them from being made because no one else really sees them as a problem.

you can argue about it all you want, but the truth is, they aren't going to stop unless it becomes a huge problem amongst a large portion of the community somehow.

This shot your entire argument clean in the face with a double barrel

Except for it didn't really, at all, in any way, if you'd been keeping up with what I'm saying. It has no emotional effect on me. Stock prices have no direct emotional effect on me. But it's generally good to keep an eye on, because it improves the general quality of the world I live in.

If GOOG dropped 16% tomorrow I would not give a single stuff. I wouldn't. I wouldn't forgetin care. But I like Google, so I might be interested in discussing topics concerning the well-being and stability of the future of Google.

I really shouldn't have to justify this to you. I'm not Badspot, of course I can't change anything in this community. Like I said, I'm more or less just trying to understand why people think birthday topics deserve to stay. If somebody comes in here and counters every point I've made in a seriously epic smackdown and everybody makes fun of me, I wouldn't care, because I would have learned something. That is the entire point of debate.

It did however
If you're gonna write a long winded post about how you want something gone yet say you don't give two stuffs about it, you're really just taking that argument to a forest and shooting it in the back of it's head as it's distracted by a butterfly.

It did however
If you're gonna write a long winded post about how you want something gone or change yet say you don't give two stuffs about it, you're really just taking that argument to a forest and shooting it in the back of it's head as it's distracted by a butterfly.
noedit