Gas Prices [We're in a freefall]

Author Topic: Gas Prices [We're in a freefall]  (Read 3288 times)

No.

Gas prices are lower because there is more supply. Simple as that really.
There's more to this thank you think.
This is geopolitics at work, and it'll end better for western countries than for Russia.

russia's economy is partly oil exports and now they have to lower their prices to compete so of course it effects them
grade a #1 for everyone else

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/03/investing/exxon-chevron-survive-40-dollar-oil/index.html?iid=obnetwork

It's supply. Jesus christ, I understand the complexity, but the reason prices are low right now is because OPEC is spitting out stufftons of oil, which lowers the loving prices. Christ.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/03/investing/exxon-chevron-survive-40-dollar-oil/index.html?iid=obnetwork

It's supply. Jesus christ, I understand the complexity, but the reason prices are low right now is because OPEC is spitting out stufftons of oil, which lowers the loving prices. Christ.
Did you even watch the video?
And no stuff sherlock, I understand that part, and no you don't understand the rest of situation and how negative it could actually turn out.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:31:27 PM by tnatsissA »

Did you even watch the video?
Yeah. Canada's the exception. All you got up there is energy, of course your total GDP will probably take that slight hit. It's not fire-and-brimstone, hallelujah Jesus or anything, it's just OPEC being OPEC.

But once again:
There's not. It's just more supply, it's not some indicator of financial collapse like you were spouting.

They talk about these hits to the economy but wouldn't it only hit things related to oil production?  Like it's good for everyone and everything but those involved in oil production.  I also thought oil prices dropping was related to a crash in the economy only because consumption was lower than supply, meaning people couldn't afford it.

Prices dropped to $2.79/gal. In my area, but it seems to be leveling off.

If only I had a car to drive and fill with gas.

Prices are low because the U.S. is producing more and more oil on its own which is causing the OPEC nations to flip their stuffs, so I think I heard the idea is that eventually as the prices dive more expensive U.S. drilling operations will have to halt while the less expensive OPEC operations will continue.

Or something like that, honestly I couldn't care. I need to run and get some gas now so I don't have to pay stufftons when they bounce back up.

Here's a good read about OPEC:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/21/opinion/joe-nocera-a-world-without-opec.html
prices are low because the saudis are flooding the market with oil.   this is significantly impacting the economy up here in alaska, and down in texas, two big oil producing states. why? because they have to sell oil at the new supply-demand market value due to all the extra saudi oil in circulation.

it got more expensive here

russia's economy is partly virtually completely dependent on oil exports and now they have to lower their prices to compete so of course it effects them badly

Theres good proof of this claim also; check the insane inflation the ruble is experiencing, and take note of the dates:
(1 Dollar converted to rubles)

loving lol at all the naive posters thinking that there's simply "more of it". This is America just trying to be a cunt to everyone else in its own interests, as usual.
The oil is probably coming out of reserves, well saved for this 'special occasion'. Cant loving wait when it runs out and America generally collapses as a nation.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:09:02 PM by D3ATH LORD »

Theres good proof of this claim also; check the insane inflation the ruble is experiencing, and take note of the dates:
(1 Dollar converted to rubles)

loving lol at all the naive posters thinking that there's simply "more of it". This is America just trying to be a cunt to everyone else in its own interests, as usual.
The oil is probably coming out of reserves, well saved for this 'special occasion'. Cant loving wait when it runs out and America generally collapses as a nation.
lol
prices are low because the saudis are flooding the market with oil.   this is significantly impacting the economy up here in alaska, and down in texas, two big oil producing states. why? because they have to sell oil at the new supply-demand market value due to all the extra saudi oil in circulation.
I think Texas and Alaska will survive, lol.

Apparently these low gas prices could cause an economic collapse because governments are loosing hundreds of millions of dollars of tax money

The fact that gas prices were so high, had nothing to do with taxes or government

I remember when gas prices were hardly over 2 bucks.