Author Topic: Crash log system, or something like that.  (Read 1293 times)

It would be nice for an addon to create crash reports in the blockland directory as a .txt file to indicate the cause of a crash or something like that.

It would make it alot easier for other people to help some other people when they attach the crash report.

I believe this is called a 'console.log'.

The console log is the closest you'll get. You could make a mod that logs various activities so you can more easily figure out the problem, but Torque doesn't really give useful crash information afaik. It just GGs and crashes. There's no surefire way to hook into the cause of a crash. They can be anything from infinite loops to unknown datablocks.

But is it possible for an addon to make something like this, but dedicated to crash reasons and stuff.

short answer: not really

The best that could be made is for it to save all the errors and syntax errors so it would be blatantly obvious when the helpee simply needs to clean up his add-ons folder, but nothing that groundbreaking or useful.

And how can you expect for that to be created?

And how can you expect for that to be created?

We all expect everything from things we do not know about, i don't know about this game engine and it's coding language, so i don't know what is it's limits.

p sure exec returns true/false for successful executions doesn't it

p sure exec returns true/false for successful executions doesn't it
You could do compile(file), so it doesn't effect the game.

You could do compile(file), so it doesn't effect the game.

That's a restricted function - we can't use it.

iirc the compile function still generates bytecode but the file writing code is ripped out. you could probably use a memory editor to manually do it yourself if dso generation is your goal or you could use another method :o~

Coders, rub two sticks together and create an add-on, pronto!

Not necessarily directed at Futrjojo, since he is reasonable, rather just some satirical humor.