Author Topic: Would you care to donate?  (Read 2705 times)

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=21489.0

the entire bl community depended on that bullstuff. like rtb later.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=21489.0

the entire bl community depended on that bullstuff. like rtb later.
You apparently can't read the sources you link. Badspot himself tried to put it down, not to mention a bunch of others. There's also the fact that almost all of the forumers in that topic aren't around anymore.
Also, this is a half-assed BL server, and BJ was the owner of a file upload service. Quite a difference, from first look.

the difference was. he offered a service for free and forgeted everyone. THEN wanted money.
OP here offers a server for nothing and asks for money to improve it.

OP is the much better user. and you are all judging him because hes young and not a top 10 server already.

the difference was. he offered a service for free and forgeted everyone. THEN wanted money.

OP is the much better user. and you are all judging him because hes young and not a top 10 server already.
It's because it's just a roleplay server, he's not gonna make bricks, how does that cost you money?

Like I said:
I think he just wants to buy CoD Advanced warfare with the money.

you all call him a begger and give him so much stuff. but the majority of you had no issues supporting the begging needs of bjwaybandit. and bj didnt even play blockland.
at least this guy has a server for us.
I was against against the guy. I'm against anyone who asks for donations except for people that run popular servers and need donations to keep their server running and Hosting Services.

The only blockland related thing I have ever donated to is CBMHost.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:13:38 PM by #Ravencroft »

No, we're judging him because he's not a good host to begin with, so I don't get where you think he's a "much better user", and the fact that he can't follow forum rules(crossposting).

Besides, this is the BLF. You of all people really shouldn't be surprised that we 'judge people'.

Not sure it's saying much say at least it's not as bad as the stuffty hosting service from 7 years ago that died miserably.

Also,
Having all of Blockland's mods hosted on one site was an accident waiting to happen.

We have seen the effect that the loss of BJwaymods had on the forums. Practically every thread for every mod was bombarded with requests for reuploads.

I agree (yet again) with Badspot. Restarting/creating a singular database/hosting service is liability we can't afford.
How prophetic.

The liability argument is bullstuff. Should we be expected to dwelve around the forums complaining about things that have happened and how it has affected us. Third-party services are the only things with enough potential to keep Blockland going for however long it's got

This server/post/OP is a complete pile of stuff/</bad troll

I should make a donation poll for moral reasons since I never get around to make one brick (maybe one every 3 or so months) and that way maybe I could get some stuff done and see what happens if someone who actually produces content asks for donations compared to someone like this.
But in the end, donations are just like begging, so I am fine not getting stuff on for the time being.

On the other hand, while at the first glance this would be a... fair OP/server - despite roleplay - the image gallery is a bloody deviant of any morals.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:20:42 PM by LeetZero »

I was against against the guy. I'm against anyone who asks for donations except for people that run popular servers and need donations to keep their server running and Hosting Services.

The only blockland related thing I have ever donated to is CBMHost.

I'm taking notes on the dos and don'ts of donation. I love these threads.

Handy tip: Dont beg people to donate to your stuffty roleplay.  :cookieMonster:

All the money in the bag, NOW!

If the server is ever fun and addicting (and play it everyday), then maybe.