terrain I want it back!!!!

Author Topic: terrain I want it back!!!!  (Read 3849 times)

Hush now, you were lucky you weren't skullf**ked by the forums.

I did figure out a way to include infinite static terrain. Instead of generating terrain with bricks, you would model it as a large static shape first, divide it up into smaller chunks and then load the chunks in-game for all players on the server. It's much faster than procedurally generating the terrain too; I already have a prototype working. Hopefully that might be a decent solution to bringing terrain back.

well if we have maps made out of statics shapes, then for badspot it's as easy as copying over the fundamental code for collision and rendering, then rip out whatever code is currently making static shapes slow and working up from there.

terrain isn't "impossible" now that there's shaders it's just that whatever code made up the old terrain was apparently so forgeted up there couldn't be anything done with it.

OP wasn't even around for terrain if that's his original id...

can we also take into consideration "should we" and "how valuable is this supposed solution to this supposed issue all things considered"

I did figure out a way to include infinite static terrain. Instead of generating terrain with bricks, you would model it as a large static shape first, divide it up into smaller chunks and then load the chunks in-game for all players on the server. It's much faster than procedurally generating the terrain too; I already have a prototype working. Hopefully that might be a decent solution to bringing terrain back.
Except that vehicles will fall straight through it if they're going anything more than 10studs/s.

it's still in adventure mode, that's all we have for now
That joke isn't funny anymore.

People like this upset me.
Why would a dev randomly remove something from a game, and then re-add it?

A 100k id has never seen terrian before lel

That joke isn't funny anymore.

just because you haven't unlocked it doesn't mean it's a joke

just because you haven't unlocked it doesn't mean it's a joke
Seriously, it got old on that other thread.

Gold Members have terrain.

Gold Members have terrain.
The ones who pre-order Blockland 2