Author Topic: Computer Freezes Randomly when Playing RE6  (Read 1109 times)

I bought Resident Evil 6 a while ago. I had found no problems playing it when I first started. After going through a WHOLE campaign (So around 3-4 hours of game-play for me) I then went to a different campaign. When I got to around halfway through that one (maybe another 1-2 hours) my computer would just freeze. No sound would play, couldn't ctrl+alt+delete, could alt+tab, nothing. My fans, cpu, etc. were still running yet my computer would stay locked up. Waiting did nothing so I had to force my computer to restart. After doing so my computer would not boot up. Everything would turn on and run, but the monitor acted like it was receiving no signal and just went to sleep. This worried me, I thought something broke because of playing that game. I had to restart it three times before it actually worked, and everything seemed fine. I stopped playing the game for about two days. When I came back to it, I managed to get some more game-play in before it happened again (~45 minutes). This time it booted up the second time I restarted it. A while later it freezes again, but boots up normally the first try. It happens one more time and boots up on the second try also. I cannot find anything wrong with my computer after these boot ups.

I cannot tell what (if any) are the conditions for it freezing up. It has happened to me when playing different campaigns and gamemodes.

One more thing: I have never experienced this problem in any other game for as long as I have been using my computer.

TL;DR: RE6 freezes my computer randomly and causes it to not boot up on the first restarts.

i would recommend giving your computer leon's jacket so then it can cool down and your game should thusly function normally
well anyway have you considered updating yonder drivers?

I had not thought of that. I'll give it a try.

Have you installed/changed anything, recently? I had this same problem with JC2 because of some RAM I installed earlier.

No sound would play, couldn't ctrl+alt+delete, could alt+tab, nothing. My fans, cpu, etc. were still running yet my computer would stay locked up. Waiting did nothing so I had to force my computer to restart. After doing so my computer would not boot up. Everything would turn on and run, but the monitor acted like it was receiving no signal and just went to sleep. This worried me, I thought something broke because of playing that game. I had to restart it three times before it actually worked, and everything seemed fine.
Oh wow, my computer has this same exact problem except at boot-up. After a few restarts it works as normal.

Have you installed/changed anything, recently? I had this same problem with JC2 because of some RAM I installed earlier.
Nope. Haven't changed any hardware since I've downloaded it.

Okay, I think I found the solution. Your memory sticks may have gone bad. I tested it by removing two of my memory sticks, then starting up my computer. My computer booted up just fine. Then, I replaced two of them, and my computer is working just fine now.

I don't know. Nothing like this happens with any of my other games. Must be a terrible port then. Thought the game runs fine except for this.

I just want to play mercenaries mode. :panda:

whisper RRRRREEEEEESIDENTuh EEEVILuh SICKS into microphone

solution: play a game that is good

solution: play a game that is good
so salty
RE6 is a really fun and good game. It's a bad resident evil, but a good game nonetheless