Author Topic: Banned from Martial Law  (Read 3210 times)

reminds me of mantys crew back in the days of terrain & interiors on heeds prpg

mantys crew required basic supplies which all peeps spawned with

with this in mind they broughtva massacre to the noob spawn island

if you died you practically lost everything and could not do anything until you found a shovel a compass

man did those times suck lol

Yep, i was there. I support because: You were leading a team of multiple people having a extremely over-powered base and killing everyone in sight. Not only that, but on multiple occasions, when i was killed by someone from your team yet again, they would gloat basically.

Which is the reason why this argument is complete BS.
The first encounter i had with your team was me running around with a pistol and getting annihilated by superior weaponry.. then again and then i decided to target you guys. It was getting to be fun and the ban conveniently happened right after we broke into your base, killed people and played a lengthy game of whack-the-generators. That is why i think that this ban was not fair administration.
rati

On a side note, me and Oddity witnessed first hand how we killed a admin and moments after, someone with the exact same avatar f8-ed to the corpse in the base to loot it. Surprisingly, the local administration made almost no effort to solve the situation.

Other side note, even Brian, the host criticized you and your team at some point and how you were making people leave.

first i didn't ban you or janitor, who were the ones who were actually doing stuff ( though admittedly janitor is under scrutiny for apparently exploiting stuff and we're trying to nerf bases so it's easier to break in without straight-up gaming the system ), i banned specifically oddity because forget him holy stuff

like, here, look at that op and compare it to the stated reason why i banned him

the one that is in the op

the one that he admitted to being able to see

I've been permabanned from Brian Smith's Martial Law recently and the reason given was: 'ok now im actually mad'
I don't know who banned me or what I did wrong; I don't remember making anyone mad or breaking any rules...
Could someone clear this up for me?

like let's break that stuff down

one, there's like one guy who bans on that server and it's me. i banned like 3 guys there while oddity was around to see and the other admins didn't do anything. moreover, oddity was deliberately trying to piss me off, like he does with everyone. khain doesn't ban people, mod man doesn't ban people, brian bans people but i usually beat him to the punch. there's only one possible suspect and that suspect starts with a Bush and ends with an Ido

two, he obviously made someone mad. the ban message specifically refers to the fact that the person who banned him is mad. which makes sense, because he was deliberately trying to piss me off

three- and this is going a little off topic because you can't compare this to the original ban reason, but i hold it as evidence because it's still an enormous red flag- oddity doesn't forgetin talk like that

oddity doesn't use ellipsis or sentences or have any speech or typing patterns that implicate uncertainty or nervousness because he's constantly pushing himself into people's faces and flopping his richard around, goading them into doing something. he did this on randomizer servers, he's done this in deathmatches, he did it on brian's server and i've also seen him forget with environments and abuse admin himself in order to better forget with people

it is a deliberate tactic

he is specifically trying to piss people off

like previously i'd been ok with it because if you're going to joke around about how stuffty other people are doing you either go so over the top that it's clear you want to share how ridiculous you think the situation is with the person in question or you go so under the top that it's unclear you're laughing at all but i now recognize that oddity is actually in the metaphorical green belt of 'no, i'm actually just laughing at you and your misfortune and gloating as if i had something to do with it explicitly for the sake of demeaning you' which is the metaphorical green belt equivalent of 'please ban me bushido, please, i don't know how to behave myself and you should do everything in your power to make it so that reasonable and relatively uninsulting people don't have to deal with me and can enjoy this already-frustrating server without having to deal with any unwarranted stress from random strangers'

beyond that i cant actually speak for khain and arma -because arma probably did actually insult you and i just didnt catch it but ive never known him to be outright abusive nor insult people for several screens of text at a time and ive never seen khain doesnt really do insults in the first place, but i might be tuning him out because it's entirely probable he might just be stuffty at them- but the only insults that i threw out were completely tongue in cheek

like, arma at some point said 'there's some hooligan at the front', and i jumped out and shot you and it turned out you were 'some hooligan', so i said 'eat stuff, some hooligan' as if that was your official designation or some title that you had to work toward. the wording is clumsy and ridiculous and highly specific. if i wanted to insult you i could have just left it at 'eat stuff' or go so far as 'try harder' or 'tch' or 'heh' and saved myself a ton of time and made an enormous ass out of myself almost effortlessly

oddity however has gone on record starting skirmishes with people- and not just me, but other people in the server and i think the host on multiple occasions- for arguing with other people, as if him not being involved in an ongoing argument was somehow insulting to him. he expends energy explicitly in the pursuit of loving with other people, but deliberately places himself in positions where retort is impossible

which apparently didnt work this time cause i banned him

but no, you're right, mod man was totally f8ing and but we did totally get him to stop

like that was really unfair of us and i dont know what he was thinking cause nobody else was f8ing around and ive never seen him do stuff like that. he usually just, like, goes around fixing people's bricks. he's actually bizzarely harmless

also brian was joking, have you never seen people get mad at me and accuse me of hacking? like the whole 'bushido is overpowered' thing is an injoke that revolves around the fact that im prone to pulling so much (completely legit) unforeseen bullstuff like blind grenade tosses that kill like 3 guys and accidentally shooting people through three single-brick-wide gaps that dudes usually just get mad and bail and probably try to get me banned. usually by myself.

or, alternately, people fight me, spend a lot of time fighting me, and eventually leave for other reasons and just happen to still be fighting me when they leave

like either way i don't think he was super serious

Hey er could you unban me, ill stop acting like a cunt

i don't believe you

especially having banned you like 3 times for 3 completely different reasons

you're like an unfortunate checklist of stuff i despise and don't want people to imitate

Bushido, I think that we have two very different viewpoints when it comes to what happened.
I didn't want to antagonize or harass or make anyone 'mad'. The last thing I did was congratulate someone who had killed you (as you were very skilled and well-equipped); I then made a comment along the lines of 'It's good to see that someone can pull off a kill like that without exploits/aimbot', which was not aimed at anyone but rather a general observation. Evidently you got mad and permabanned me because you felt that this benign remark was malicious or aimed at you, which it was not.

If you felt some kind of insecurity or anger, I apologise for unintentionally causing that, Bushido. Dannu agrees that I shouldn't have been banned and as you said, no other admin would have banned me for what I said. Then why is it fair that you do so? I'm not saying that you're 100% evil or wrong but I think we should all try to view the situation calmly and objectively.
Does anyone else think that I deserve a permaban for what I said?
Maybe Brian or another admin could contribute their opinion on this if they feel like doing so.  :cookieMonster:

holy hell this is like ace attorney...

While I'm still pretty convinced in my stand-point of this, i will not turn this into a boring drizzle argument of semantics since i have presented the Facts on my end. This could go for pages arguing about certain parts of the posts and inevitably getting completely de-railed. Instead i will say this as my closing opinion. I feel like Oddity and you at some point experienced some differences which i would say would be clouding your judgement, that if you were new/a biased admin, but since i have no reason to think that, i have no bases to make that argument. Also, the latest post from Oddity seemed a lot like muddying the water and getting this argument off facts and into a argument about administration politics, which appeared to me quite suspicious. He made pokes to regions like insecurity, dragging other people, including administration and "spectators" of the situation into the case and as you pointed out, changing his speech wording and format quite a bit. Also, the part where Oddity said

I then made a comment along the lines of 'It's good to see that someone can pull off a kill like that without exploits/aimbot', which was not aimed at anyone but rather a general observation. Evidently you got mad and permabanned me because you felt that this benign remark was malicious or aimed at you, which it was not.

In my experience, when someone changes or adds details later after seeing counter-arguments, then they are the one to be selectively presenting details.

While i still mostly keep to my guns, as i am writing this and thoroughly brown townyzing everything i am beginning to notice details that i may have missed since fighting you was quite consuming and didn't leave me with much attention to brown townyze every chat message.

Tl;dr I am tilting towards suspecting Oddity, but have no factual knowledge to rationalize it or support him.

i am beginning to notice details that i may have missed since fighting you was quite consuming and didn't leave me with much attention to brown townyze every chat message.

On the server i mean obviously.

The only thing I don't like about the server is that there always to seems to be one big gang that over powers all the players and takes all the space. I don't mind the gangs, but it gets to hard for new players to start out.