Author Topic: Export and Import DTS in blender?  (Read 3301 times)

I have heard that you can only import DTS files in Blender V 2.69, but i cannot import or export

DTS files.

Is there any way to fix this?

iirc you can only export DTS files, not import them. infact, one of the biggest issues is the fact there's no good way to import DTS files (i might be wrong though so i'd wait until someone confirms it!)

You can only use the DTS exporter with version 2.49b and some older versions. The newer versions will not export properly.

So is there any other way to export to DTS without blender?

NOEDIT: And is there also a way to know the correct size that a model should be for a weapon/tool?

NOEDIT: And is there also a way to know the correct size that a model should be for a weapon/tool?
I just guess usually.
So is there any other way to export to DTS without blender?
You can export with Milkshape 3D too, but idk much about that.
(i might be wrong though so i'd wait until someone confirms it!)
Can comfirm.

Look in the General Modification Help section. I'm confident there are threads in there like this one that covers most of what you're asking.

.You can export with Milkshape 3D too

I don't want to have a second modeling software that i do not use.

The only way that really exists with blender is to use the DTS exporter, but because Torque is old as your grandmas nickers, it was discontinued after the 49b version so it doesn't work on any version above it which sucks a lot as exporting to legacy mesh formats and opening in old version more often than not leads to missing faces, texture errors and other small flaws that come out after you get the model into Blockland..

The only way that really exists with blender is to use the DTS exporter, but because Torque is old as your grandmas nickers, it was discontinued after the 49b version so it doesn't work on any version above it which sucks a lot as exporting to legacy mesh formats and opening in old version more often than not leads to missing faces, texture errors and other small flaws that come out after you get the model into Blockland..

Hmm ok then, why did badspot take torque in the first place?

Because Blockland is almost as old as your Grandmas knickers?

Plus, Blockland did manage pretty fantastic add-on support that some games often lack, so i guess it was sort of a hit.

Hmm ok then, why did badspot take torque in the first place?
because tribes 2 was based on torque and badspot modded trine 2

blockland v0002 was based on some kind of trine building system