Author Topic: Computermix, Ipquarx, and Cca - CBM being hacked into to steal keys [chat+pics]  (Read 44048 times)

Well stuff. There goes all those user's keys and all of CBMhost's credibility.

This will put a pretty big damper on the server list for the next few weeks.

Well stuff. There goes all those user's keys and all of CBMhost's credibility.

This will put a pretty big damper on the server list for the next few weeks.
I really hope the keys don't get revoked. :(

It's not people giving their keys out.
It's computermix cracking the key.dat from the FTP server of CBMHost to reveal keys of certain people.
My apologies.

I was misinformed about the general purpose of what the topic was trying to do. I merely saw you as a catalyst to escalate the issues of having keys revoked, and clearly I was wrong.

If worst comes to worst badspot might have to go to the extreme of revoking the keys
They are already public. Of course they'll be revoked.

i guess there always going to be people who blame maxx for this..
It's hilarious to me that there are some idiots here who don't understand the basics of causality. The grand hierarchy blame looks something like this, for any future morons who try to get mad at Maxx before thinking.
  • CBM Host for existing and being this insecure.
  • The affected for giving them their keys.
  • The people who got their hands on them.
Whether or not they get new keys is entirely up to Badspot's kindness, but they should definitely be deactivated.

Whether or not they get new keys is entirely up to Badspot's kindness, but they should definitely be deactivated.
I was about to say, if the keys got deactivated this should happen.

The people should also keep their ID's.

Let's clarify a few things.

Quote from: Maxxi
I finally cracked him and he just spilled out the information he had, but I'm still skeptical.

I did not crack lol. I freely gave the info because the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. The reason I would not give any info at first was because I was still investigating and wanted to make sure that the rumor was false and that the full keys were not really taken. My server was hacked and exploited with a directory traversal attack according to my source (which has since been fixed) and they got the key.dat files, but they were unable to get the full keys from them due to being unable to break the encryption completely, only what they showed in the photo posted. He told me the only copy of the partial keys have been deleted as well. I have never kept any keys on the server, the only place a key ever resides on my server is in the key.dat and it has always been that way.

Quote from: Maxxi
Cowboy6 apparentally has knowledge that Man Of Reason is in on this, along with a few other people including possibly Computermix, Ipquarx, and CCa.

The guy signed the email "mor.", I have no way of knowing if it's really him. You may draw your own conclusions from all of this, but as far as I will ever be able to know, the keys are safe and no one else has them.

Let's clarify a few things.

I did not crack lol. I freely gave the info because the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. The reason I would not give any info at first was because I was still investigating and wanted to make sure that the rumor was false and that the full keys were not really taken. My server was hacked and exploited with a directory traversal attack according to my source (which has since been fixed) and they got the key.dat files, but they were unable to get the full keys from them due to being unable to break the encryption completely, only what they showed in the photo posted. He told me the only copy of the partial keys have been deleted as well. I have never kept any keys on the server, the only place a key ever resides on my server is in the key.dat and it has always been that way.

The guy signed the email "mor.", I have no way of knowing if it's really him. You may draw your own conclusions from all of this, but as far as I will ever be able to know, the keys are safe and no one else has them.

Either way, you still don't know if they could still be going at it.
MOR never stops, he never leaves.
They won't stop until they crack everything.
I found it strange why you didn't explain the whole situation at first, I am sorry for yelling at you.

My key was on the list and when I found out a few weeks ago, I asked badspot to make my key steam-only so that it couldn't be used by someone if they actually had my key. Little did I know that making my key steam-only would automatically make it revoked for no reason...

I lost my key from this ordeal and had to pay for another one.

who is man of reason anyway
i've never heard of him before he started doing stuff a few months ago

this community is so weird, its got a way of attracting all kinds of bullstuff

Either way, you still don't know if they could still be going at it.
MOR never stops, he never leaves.
They won't stop until they crack everything.
I found it strange why you didn't explain the whole situation at first, I am sorry for yelling at you.
Also, noedit: You don't know if they could be lying to you, they could have just covered the list, the list was received from CCA to nobot afterall in the first place, you have absolutely no idea if they could have the full key because MOR is a loving liar.
who is man of reason anyway
i've never heard of him before he started doing stuff a few months ago

this community is so weird, its got a way of attracting all kinds of bullstuff
He ddos'd people continously on the forums through wireshark and steam calls.
I do know that he is really really loving fishy because I was involved in several cases with him and Gatysh, I used to be in calls and we'd investigate.

people sure do take their games seriously.