Author Topic: Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth Megathread: Rebirth coming to N3DS and Wii U!  (Read 126770 times)

About
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a rouge-like randomly generated game, based on the original Flash game, The Binding of Isaac. It was developed by Nicalis with Edmund McMillen as a superviser, and was released November 4, 2014 on steam, and the Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita.

Unlike the original game, Rebirth features a new non-Flash-based engine and the same designs as the original, but with brand new 16-bit pixel graphics, (which can be toggled off.) The game also includes additional content in the size of the "Wrath of the Lamb" expansion for the original game, as well as things that had to be cut from the original game due to the limitations of Flash.

Characters

"Main character" of the series, and the only character that can be played without being unlocked first. His stats are 3 Hearts, 2 Speed, and 2 Damage and he starts with 1 bomb. He also starts with The D6 after you beat Isaac with ???.

Magdalene, is unlocked when the player obtains seven or more heart containers at once in a run. Magdalene starts with the Yum Heart spacebar item. Her stats are 4 Hearts, 1 Speed, and 2 Damage.

Cain is unlocked when the player obtains 55 or more pennies at once in a run. He starts with the Lucky Foot passive item. His stats are 2 Hearts, 2 Speed, and 2 Damage.

Judas is unlocked when the player defeats Satan for the first time. Judas starts with only one heart container, but also has the The Book Of Belial from the very start as well as 3 pennies. His stats are 1 Heart, 2 Speed and 3 Damage.

Eve is unlocked when the player defeats two floors in a row without picking up any hearts (although getting hearts through items does not count as picking them up). Starts with Dead Bird and Whore of Babylon. Her stats are 2 Hearts, 2 Speed, and 1 Damage.

Samson is unlocked when the player defeats two floors in a row without taking any damage. Samson starts with 3 hearts. Every time Samson is dealt damage or kills an enemy he receives a damage boost that resets when he goes down a floor. His stats are 3 Hearts, 2 Speed and 1 Damage.

??? is unlocked when the player has defeated Mom's Heart ten times.  He starts with three soul hearts and has a unique case of only being able to collect soul hearts and black hearts. Its stats are 3 Soul Hearts, 2 Speed and 2 Damage.

Eden is unlocked when the player defeats The Womb for the first time. Every time you beat Mom's Heart, you will gain another Eden Token. Each time you play as Eden, all aspects of the character are randomized. Each run starts Eden with a different hairstyle (this is purely cosmetic), different items (including collectibles, active items, pickups, and trinkets), and different stats.

Lazarus is unlocked once the player has four or more soul hearts at once in a run. He is a new character in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. He has the same starting stats as Isaac (3 hearts, 2 points in speed, 2 points in attack) but also has 1 extra life and a pill at the beginning of the game. When he respawns using his base extra life, he will only have 1 heart and will gain the Anemic passive item, causing him to leave a toxic blood trail behind him after taking damage. This resets when he exits the room. Note that unlike other items that cause the player to respawn, when Lazarus respawns, he will be revived on the spot, as opposed to in the previous room.

Azazel is unlocked when the player makes three deals with the devil in any one run. He starts with a short range version of Brimstone, three Black Hearts, 0 - The Fool, and the ability to fly, but has no heart containers, though he can still obtain regular heart containers. Azazel suffers from the shortest range of all characters; this is balanced with flight, additional power per hit via his Brimstone-like attack, and significant damage to all enemies in the room upon the loss of a Black Heart, killing most lesser enemies. His stats are 3 Black Hearts, 2 Speed and 3 Damage.

The Lost starts with the ability to fly, has no health, and cannot gain health through any means. However, he can take devil deals for free. His stats are 0 hearts, 2 speed and 2 damage. Previously, The Lost would die if a run was exited then continued, but this has been patched as of version 1.02. Resurrection items like Dead Cat will still work, but do not show a life number.

The Lost is unlocked by dying consecutively with certain characters, with no other deaths or exiting the game in between runs.

Modding
All kinds of mods for the game can be found here.
Warning: installing these mods will prevent you from getting achievements unless you get a version of the windows patcher on the website which is the same version as your game.

thanks to Legoboss and crispy for the OP
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:08:38 AM by Flatflyer »

I pre-ordered it for myself and my friend. Pretty excited for it.

i've preordered it, i can't loving waaait. luckily for me, i have no school tomorrow.

you can now pre-load the game if you own it already

This is free if you own TBoI already, right?

This is free if you own TBoI already, right?
lol no
it's 33% off if you own TBoI
better hurry and buy it

so will anyone show up if im going to stream?
it'll probably start sometime around  3:30-4:30 PM EST

so I have 145 hours on the original Isaac. I wonder how many I'm gonna get on rebirth.

what im most excited about is that its not running on flash

lol no
it's 33% off if you own TBoI
better hurry and buy it
oh crap
I'll need to get on that soon

Bought, cannot wait for tomorrow
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:24:51 PM by WaterOre »

what im most excited about is that its not running on flash
oh stuff mate thanks for reminding me
i was considering not getting this game because the original binding of isaac sucked on my computer because of flash
this should change everything

IMO this one looks much nicer and i heard that this one has far fewer limitations than the first one, meaning much, much more content.

and it even has a flash filter for the people that liked the look of flash

Gonna play this stuff all day because no classes. Hype

and it even has a flash filter for the people that liked the look of flash
wow really
that'll be cool to check out

for those that haven't figured this out for themselves, according to steam, the game should be playable at ~1 PM EST. i plan on waking up at 11 and waiting for the game to release.