Author Topic: Olympics Sneak Peek... Now an OC build  (Read 3221 times)

I have just started what will be a huge feild of olympic events.  Don't rate because nothing is close to being finished.  Most of my inspiration came from Mario and Sonic At the Olympic Games.

First Event: 100 Block Dash     (100 meter dash)

Info: Is actually 100 blocks long.  Contains four lanes and blue starting foot things (w/e).  The finish banner also has bars so if you are not in your lane at the end you will be stopped by the poles.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 07:17:47 PM by Mario Fan 11 »

It doesn't seem like it would be much fun, since everyone runs at the same speed.

Yeah, I would have to agree. Ski gymnastics maybe?

Yeah, I would have to agree. Ski gymnastics maybe?
No athleticism. :(

Technically, anything in a video game has no athleticism.

It doesn't seem like it would be much fun, since everyone runs at the same speed.

That is a good point.  I am trying to come up with ideas that the results may change depending on skill.  Currntly i am thinking of the javelin throw (using the spear) but I am not sure about that either.

After a tset run with another person I discovered that jump starts can help on that.  The timing of when the ref says go can make a big difference.

you could script some kind of training/levels system that, with practice, enhances your speed and jump abilities. The more training you do, the more likely you are to succeed.

That is a good point.  I am trying to come up with ideas that the results may change depending on skill.  Currntly i am thinking of the javelin throw (using the spear) but I am not sure about that either.

That could work, since the hight of which you aim it could affect how far it travels.

I'd wanna make a slower spear, so it doesn't go as far.

I could script athleticism.
idea 1: player type that when you jet it boosts you in direction your running, but requires energy/only can do it once every __ seconds
idea 2: player type that uses energy to run, then make powerups that give energy(mario kart sprinting)
idea 3: player type that uses energy, gets small boost of energy everytime you press jet key(who can press teh fastest!)

i like the idea of stat building in blockland, the more you train the better you get someone should deffinetly do that as a player type

Event Name: Spear Throw      (javelin throw)

Info: Is about 160 blocks long.  Gets wider farther it goes.  It also has you running up before you throw and a line where you must not cross.  Each part is split into 40 blocks long.  You may think it is short.  However the object is to get as far as possible without over throwing it.  It all depends on the angle of the throw.  This one has some skill needed to succeed.  The only problem is a great ref is needed to track the fast moving spear.

Got another.

Event Name: High Jump

Info: The object i to run and jump over a bar of your choice.  A ref will be watching to make sure you dont hit the pole.  Includes many different difficulties depending on your skill.  This one will take some time to get right.

None of these seem very fun..