The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies

Author Topic: The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies  (Read 482 times)

At last the series is coming to a close, and they can stop filming me.

Anyway, the final trailer for the Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies is here! :D

http://youtu.be/iVAgTiBrrDA

I never got the appeal to Lord of the Rings type stuff

I never got the appeal to Lord of the Rings type stuff
I read the first book in the fifth grade

never again

I read the first book in the fifth grade

never again
Ive never read the books or seen the movie
What was so bad about the first book?

I loved all the books idk what you guys are on
I mean if you were horsed to read them then that might suck but otherwise they're just really well written and set in an extremely well constructed universe.

I loved all the books idk what you guys are on
I mean if you were horsed to read them then that might suck but otherwise they're just really well written and set in an extremely well constructed universe.
Yeah, I agree with this.

Start with the Hobbit if you're new to the series. It's a childrens book so it's much lighter, but it's still a very good read and brings you in to the universe.
Then move on to Lord of the Rings, where it's wordier and much more dry in certain places, but expands really well into the universe of Middle Earth.

Ive never read the books or seen the movie
What was so bad about the first book?
the paperback I had was in like size 6 font with 1 line spacing for nearly 800 pages

most of the wording was really weird for a 5th grader to read and there were so many loving songs that I didn't feel like reading

Yeah, I agree with this.

Start with the Hobbit if you're new to the series. It's a childrens book so it's much lighter, but it's still a very good read and brings you in to the universe.
Then move on to Lord of the Rings, where it's wordier and much more dry in certain places, but expands really well into the universe of Middle Earth.
yes

I started with the hobbit many years ago. I then decided to read the books, and then watch the movies. I've read each of the books at least twice. I've read the hobbit 3-4 times.

the hobbit book would've been better if it didn't spend 50 pages describing rocks