Author Topic: [Help] Finding when a player connects/creates a server, finding when a save...  (Read 4209 times)

I need to find:
When a player connects to a server
When a save finishes loading
&
If it's possible to stay connected to a server and host your own without opening 2 blocklands. Stay connected as in not leave--basically, what do I send to the server and look for to just stand there? Also, how would I still get chat messages from the given server?

1 and 2 can be figured out yourself by using trace
Type trace(1); in console
Perform the action your looking for the function for (in this case, joining a server or finishing a save load)
Type trace(0); and look through
You'll want to disable as many add-ons as you can or it'll be too cluttered to read through

3. Just use a dedicated server. It's potentially possible to be hacked in, but it just sounds like a terrible idea and I don't see any benefit

3. Just use a dedicated server. It's potentially possible to be hacked in, but it just sounds like a terrible idea and I don't see any benefit
How would that solve anything? Let me give you an example of what I want to do
I join a server called "blockhead100k's freebuild". Then I spawn, and realize there's no duplicator. I want to make an extremely duplicated tower, but to make the buildbot save, I don't want to actually disconect from the server. I want to make my own server, but I also want to have my player stand there and do nothing on blockhead100k's server. What do I need to do to achieve this? I also want chats to be linked
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:01:37 AM by superdupercoolguy »

You'd need two instances of the game.

I'm almost positive that Torque itself does not support the existence of two simultaneous worlds. Even if it did, Blockland itself is hard coded to support only 1 world. You'd have to rewrite tons of stuff to route commands to only one version of the game and not the other.

Logistically it is impossible.

Tried this?

ServerLoadSaveFile_End( )
You should have let him trace it on his own.