A useful image for anyone wanting to model weapons in Blockland.

Author Topic: A useful image for anyone wanting to model weapons in Blockland.  (Read 7281 times)

Came across this somewhere on the internet, thought it's a really good way to explain how to get a good blockland weapon style.

It looks great, you just need an image defining the "Blocko" Style and not to go high poly.

I resent modeling in the "blocko style" Things simply don't turn out snazzy looking

I resent modeling in the "blocko style" Things simply don't turn out snazzy looking
this. what if i want my weapons to be realistic?

You can make them look realistic, but they won't fit blockland very well and may cause performance issues to players with bad computers if you don't optimise your models.

I think the 'final choice' should have been the fully exaggerated rifle. It looks good that way.

I can't stand people who try to bring realism to Blockland.
It's out of place and tacky.

i hate to say it, but that just means you're doing it wrong.

Tell me that T+T is not snazzy looking. Tell me Filipe's speedkarts are not the definition of snazzy. C'mon man

may cause performance issues to players with bad computers if you don't optimise your models.
That's really not true.

The worse thing that you can forget up in a model is inverting faces causing glitchy lighting. No high-poly model is going to make someone lag.

That's really not true.
The worse thing that you can forget up in a model is inverting faces causing glitchy lighting. No high-poly model is going to make someone lag.
Both of these are lies.
On my old computer, the TF2 minigun, which was extremely high-poly, would bring my FPS down to single-digit numbers whenever it was on screen (yielded or on the ground).

Both of these are lies.
On my old computer, the TF2 minigun, which was extremely high-poly, would bring my FPS down to single-digit numbers whenever it was on screen (yielded or on the ground).
key words in bold

key words in bold
your point is
some people still have old computers

key words in bold
Lots of people still use old computers, I have a modern one but I still have 2 other ones with older hardware.

Overall High Poly weapons don't fit in Blockland anyways.

then you put them in a realistic game

You can make them look realistic, but they won't fit blockland very well
i hate to say it, but that just means you're doing it wrong.

Tell me that T+T is not snazzy looking. Tell me Filipe's speedkarts are not the definition of snazzy. C'mon man
Overall High Poly weapons don't fit in Blockland anyways.
then you put them in a realistic game
"I DON'T LIKE THIS STYLE THEREFORE IT SHOULD NOT BE IN THIS GAME!!!!"
forget off. It's not your choice as to what someone else makes. Someone who wants to make content can make content, you can't tell them it's garbage because you don't like their style.