Glass' Blockland Servers [CLOSED TEMPORARILY - Check Page 57]

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Glass' Blockland Servers [CLOSED TEMPORARILY - Check Page 57]  (Read 79932 times)

Some things seem.. "lesser quality" within the fortwars server.

"/rules" doesn't work at all. Edit: finally worked after 20 minutes
There is spam everywhere.
There is no builder protection
There doesn't seem to be rules for killing people whom build (rules doesn't seem to work so I wouldn't know, and/or it isn't enforced
I cannot survive long enough to build because people.
Island fortwars. quite unoriginal.

I love fortwars as much as the next guy, but when stuff like this happens, it ruins the whole experience.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:21:46 AM by sos339 »

Some things seem.. "lesser quality" within the fortwars server.

"/rules" doesn't work at all. Edit: finally worked after 20 minutes For some reason the mod didn't execute. My bad.
There is spam everywhere. It was nighttime on the server, I usually wait till morning to do so because clearing spam in the dark is a bitch.
There is no builder protection This is being worked on actually.
There doesn't seem to be rules for killing people whom build (rules doesn't seem to work so I wouldn't know, and/or it isn't enforced Refer to above.
I cannot survive long enough to build because people. Refer to above.
Island fortwars. quite unoriginal. It's a Fort Wars, what the hell do you want? And does it even matter? lmao.

I love fortwars as much as the next guy, but when stuff like this happens, it ruins the whole experience.
Replies in bold above.

Picture with AntiGlass (8687), aka the person that introduced me to Blockland.
snip
I feel like i'm seeing a 0# issue of a comic

Credit for actually working on stuff.
Some annoyances I have with a gamemode as old as it is.

I was able to build without anyone killing me, most just left me alone.  And when I was killed, it was when I was just standing around, looking like I was just doing nothing, so...

e: wow zone events restricted to admins and no VCE?  weak.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:09:01 AM by blazerblock2 »

There's an issue on the Trench Wars server. Players can't enter the map when they click the brick with the exclamation mark.

I can't get online for another 6 hours, but if it's not fixed by then I'll jump in and take care if it

wow zone events restricted to admins and no VCE?  weak.
You just said that a server restricting two mods in the midst of the most abusable events ever to be made is weak.

Good one.

I fixed it by reloading the map. Would have helped exponentionally if i could leave the minigame however.

I was able to build without anyone killing me, most just left me alone.  And when I was killed, it was when I was just standing around, looking like I was just doing nothing, so... Learn to fight back, or do what others have opted to do, build it somewhere else and then use buildbot to build it where you want.

e: wow zone events restricted to admins and no VCE?  weak. Considering admins don't get anything players don't have this is inaccurate. I have disabled any events that could be abused to cause disruption to the gameplay. Also VCE is not on the server so I have no idea where you got that from. And if we did have VCE you wouldn't see usefulthings being done with bases, you'd see some starfish flying across the map stuffting rockets.
In Bold ^

There's an issue on the Trench Wars server. Players can't enter the map when they click the brick with the exclamation mark.
I can't get online for another 6 hours, but if it's not fixed by then I'll jump in and take care if it
I fixed it by reloading the map. Would have helped exponentionally if i could leave the minigame however.
Sorry for not being able to get on to fix this, I stay pretty late and have a tough time waking up before 12PM.

Could I ask what danger could be caused by VCE when the events such as spawnProjectile etc. are disabled?

Also the minigame output "Win" should be disabled.

In Bold ^

Sorry for not being able to get on to fix this, I stay pretty late and have a tough time waking up before 12PM.
you misinterpreted what I said.  I was saying that I never got killed while I was building and when I did I was just standing there doing nothing.  I was also saying that VCE was not present on the server.  VCE could be used in conjunction with a "spawnhomingprojectile" event to create a base guard dog type system, to prevent intrusions and spawn killing.

But then you could also dupe it around an enemy base like a schmo and make it so they can never leave.

you misinterpreted what I said.  I was saying that I never got killed while I was building and when I did I was just standing there doing nothing.  I was also saying that VCE was not present on the server.  VCE could be used in conjunction with a "spawnhomingprojectile" event to create a base guard dog type system, to prevent intrusions and spawn killing.
just put spawnProjectile traps around the base? If you're clever enough they'll be stupid enough to get brutally damaged or hurt

VCE could be used in conjunction with a "spawnhomingprojectile" event to essentially spam the server and ruin the fun for others.
ftfy