Author Topic: GRTB : Return To Blockland - Update 2.5  (Read 64292 times)

great service, weird gui style. but gui style doesn't matter too much so gj
I'll be sure to touch up on it. Most of buttons are animated. The overlay buttons also have custom sounds when you click them

Info-maniac was a made up name for the loving tips, seriously, how dense can you be?
Are we talking about floaties

I'll be sure to touch up on it.
thank you :)
I tried to make the previous mock-up a bit better:

It uses the following icons from RTB;
comment.png (top left)
cog.png (options)
kick.png (quit)

edit:
I just had a look at the rest of the GUI in this; why did you need to modify it this much? It really was fine as it was D:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:48:58 PM by alex dude »

Oh god the attention grabbing just keeps getting worse and worse...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:48:10 PM by SWAT One »

Oh, God, I didn't even see this one. That's just terrible, both aesthetically and because there is absolutely no reason for you to replace Infomaniac with yourself.

I really don't like how the chat textbox is at the top right; it doesn't make sense to me.
this would probably fit more snuggly together:

Yes, the appearance of a normal IRC client. The sort that everybody is used to and was designed as it was for a reason.

This looks like something you stuff out of PDN in a matter of minutes. Horrible color scheme, horrible background, horrible pattern, horrible avatar - cheap knockoff of an original and well executed idea.

You might as well just get rid of the whole Infomaniac concept all together and shove BonziBuddy in there.

This is the wrong way to get your name on something, and that's exactly what it feels like. You put little to no effort into this, only so you could slap your pseudo-mediocre name all over it. Why this isn't in drama yet is beyond me, that's the only kind of attention you're herding anyways.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:50:00 PM by Adolf-kun »

This is the wrong way to get your name on something, and that's exactly what it feels like. You put little to no effort into this, only so you could slap your pseudo-mediocre name all over it. Why this isn't in drama yet is beyond me, that's the only kind of attention you're herding anyways.
I think your looking at this all wrong. I didn't put "little to no effort" into this.
I spent quite some time making all the art, sounds, and cleaning up the code to make the
file size smaller, and just as powerful. I had to do quite a bit of GUI fixing and coding along
with scripting to do this. If you think you can do better I mean go ahead be my guest.
No, really.

Im not trying to "slap" my name all over it. I said from the start it is Gothboy's Modified RTB because that's simply what it is. The Infomaniac was old anyways. I put a few of my own tips in the code as well such as "If your stuck in a door, sit, hold crouch, then click" among others.

If your here to start drama then please leave. I mean, who wants someone like that around?

Give me a little time to polish it up. sheesh. You dont even know how many times I redid the overlay buttons
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:58:26 PM by Goth77 »

You're not being very subtle, that's for sure.

Ephialtes didn't call his mod "Ephialtes' Blockland Client" and include "Ephibot" for instructions.  I can guarantee this:  If you stop being a conceited starfish about this and change the names, people will like this mod and you better.

can we please have infomaniac instead of you
it just seems like you're stroking your ego or something
the rest is fine

You missed my point entirely.

I think your looking at this all wrong. I didn't put "little to no effort" into this. I spent quite some time making all the art, sounds, and cleaning up the code to make the
file size smaller, and just as powerful. I had to do quite a bit of GUI fixing and coding along
with scripting to do this.

You didn't put any effort into thought or planning this, you just changed everything around trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. I'm talking about the GUI layout and the IM feature, code doesn't really matter in this sense because nobody is going to be presented with code, they're going to be presented with graphical elements (Besides, who gives a stuff if you shaved some KB off of other peoples projects that were already under 2MB, it's 2014 ffs).

If you think you can do better I mean go ahead be my guest.
No, really.

I don't need to because there are already more than enough revivals of RTB, anymore would just be jumping on the bandwagon.

Im not trying to "slap" my name all over it. I said from the start it is Gothboy's Modified RTB because that's simply what it is. The Infomaniac was old anyways. I put a few of my own tips in the code as well such as "If your stuck in a door, sit, hold crouch, then click" among others.

Yes, but why are you trying to fix something that isn't broken. Just because it's old doesn't make it obsolete.

Give me a little time to polish it up. sheesh. You dont even know how many times I redid the overlay buttons

You can't polish a turd.

If you're serious about this and you think this will stand out from the other iterations of RTB, I'd suggest going back to square and redoing at least the graphic portions of this. GG with the code, everything else needs to be reconsidered.

can we please have infomaniac instead of you
it just seems like you're stroking your ego or something
the rest is fine

Well I just made this new chalkboard. But wow if its that big of a deal okay ok I guess I can use some kind of teacher avatar. SOME GRANNY

Well I just made this new chalkboard. But wow if its that big of a deal okay ok I guess I can use some kind of teacher avatar. SOME GRANNY

it'd be a little better if you put the original infomaniac back in and added some tips

You missed my point entirely.

You didn't put any effort into thought or planning this, you just changed everything around trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. I'm talking about the GUI layout and the IM feature, code doesn't really matter in this sense because nobody is going to be presented with code, they're going to be presented with graphical elements (Besides, who gives a stuff if you shaved some KB off of other peoples projects that were already under 2MB, it's 2014 ffs).

I don't need to because there are already more than enough revivals of RTB, anymore would just be jumping on the bandwagon.

Yes, but why are you trying to fix something that isn't broken. Just because it's old doesn't make it obsolete.

Funny, I agree that RTB isn't "broken" but other people are calling it "stuff"
It just needs a little love thats all.

See your not even reading this whole thread.

RTB is dead and should stay dead.  RTB is currently stuff, and will remain stuff so long as people keep using the same structure code used to create it.

Im not anyone for a bandwagon either. I was a dedicated RTB member back in the day and still am to this day.

it'd be a little better if you put the original infomaniac back in and added some tips
I added some already. I  am working on this as I post here. I will change the avatar for the infomaniac just chill

Im not anyone for a bandwagon either. I was a dedicated RTB member back in the day and still am to this day.
So was I, and I still love the features RTB brought to the game, but the core structure of the mod was coded half-assed, and stuff, because it wasn't designed for 50 loving add-ons to have prefs. I'm trying to say if you want to make your own RTB then loving make it all. Not just one aspect of it, half of the add-on needs to be re-coded. The other half is just the aesthetics. I say re-code the API, re-code the prefs, and re-code the server control. The rest is either currently useless or aesthetics.

put infomaniac back. really.

that ego

ok but the chalkboard is badly tiled now and chalkboard writing is usually white not black