Author Topic: So I'm beginning to question why people hate popular YouTubers [blogland]  (Read 3060 times)

So I recently took a look back at some of the YouTubers I thought I "hated'. PewDiePie, Markiplier, Cry, various people. And, they were actually funny. Like, really funny. And now I'm just thinking: why do people hate on them for being popular?

I mean, I get if you don't like the comedy or what they play, I can understand why you don't like them, but there's just, this big bandwagon of people who just hate them, for absolutely no reason.

It's just kinda odd to me to why people would do that. People will still watch a entire video or something, and that still gets them revenue. So honestly, if you post in the comments saying how it sucks, you've pretty much given them some revenue already.

So to me, people need to just shut up about it and stop whining about people.

The fanbase is still stuff though.

The fanbase is still stuff though.
exactly why people hate them

but wtf did you have against cry

its almost as if people have their own opinions! how dare they!

exactly why people hate them

but wtf did you have against cry
Yeah man
I love cry

I think I hated him since he was linked with PewDiePie.

Its because of what they do that makes us hate them. Take markiplier for example. When playing games he usually just runs his mouth in an unscripted manor, spouting random profanity jokes to get some likes out of kids. No thought put into his show whatsoever, just a pure "LOEL RANDUM!!1!DXD" forgetfest. Then again that's practically all of them that were listed.

The only ones (gaming wise) I would recommend would be Critical, FrankieOnPc, AngryJoe, (Maybe Vinesauce if you ignore the stuff community of lol memes).

So I recently took a look back at some of the YouTubers I thought I "hated'. PewDiePie, Markiplier, Cry, various people. And, they were actually funny. Like, really funny. And now I'm just thinking: why do people hate on them for being popular?
Opinions. A large number of people hate PDP because he screams a lot and focuses his videos around cussing a lot. I don't know why people hate Markiplier too much, and I don't know anything about Cry at all. There are some that just think that a fanbase is stuff, and assume they're stuff because the fanbase is.
It's just kinda odd to me to why people would do that. People will still watch a entire video or something, and that still gets them revenue. So honestly, if you post in the comments saying how it sucks, you've pretty much given them some revenue already.
These are the "Bandwagoners" you are talking about. Or, a large chunk of them at least. They're the people who saw someone's legitimate criticism and it went in one ear, out the other, and what was left in their head was 'It's cool to hate X, because Y hates X too!'

critikal is loving hilarious. he spends all his youtube money on charity. pewdiepie uses his fake laughter to become a billionare soon. sure he does donate to charity, but thats not much.

Cry's really subtle sometimes during games with story, he doesn't speak much, and when he does, it's pretty funny.

Markiplier has ADHD which explains his randomness. My theory on why these youtubers are hated is because of jealousy.

Markiplier has ADHD which explains his randomness. My theory on why these youtubers are hated is because of jealousy.

I, Daswiruch, am sorry for using memes. It had to be done.

My theory on why these youtubers are hated is because of jealousy.
yeah and people hate Riddler but not because they're jealous

you are comparing someone who murdered 6 million to someone who screams at a computer for a living

Godwin's law proves itself once again.

you are comparing someone who murdered 6 million to someone who screams at a computer for a living
and the one who screams at a computer has more subscribers than most of the countries in the world have people