Blockhead Bash! (Mario Party) - New Poll

Poll

What should the voting GUI do with the icons when the number of votes exceeds available space?

Only display one icon with the xNUMBER text. (Currently doing this)
15 (71.4%)
Display the max number of icons with the xNUMBER text.
5 (23.8%)
Display the xNUMBER text, delete all of the icons but one, and then make more icons when someone else votes.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Blockhead Bash! (Mario Party) - New Poll  (Read 20193 times)

Yep yep. I'm making Mario Party for Blockland.

Doo doo doo... what to do?...

[Below] Testing out the pather tool. It'll be used to create the path that you'll go on when you roll the die. There will be statics shapes that will be a visual representation of the path. They'll only appear when you're in edit mode.

[Below] The coin model.

[Below] The tile/space bricks(unfinished versions).

[Below] The tile/space brick(finished versions).

[Below] Star model.

[Below] Map Voting GUI.

(Click to enlarge)

Nothing I can think of right now.

All modelers will receive credit(obviously).

DARK RED = Not done.
ORANGE = Somewhat done.
GREEN = Done.

Tile/Space Bricks - 100% done. There's 4x, 6x, and 8x. All have printable tops.

Pathing Tool - About 95% done. The pathing tool used to create the path on which you go when you roll the die. It's just going to be a blue printer, unless some other model is supplied.

Events - The events are about 35% done. Need to think of some more events to make.

Not sure what else to put down here.

This will be a Slayer game mode. Feel free to make any suggestions. I'm mostly basing it off of Mario Party DS right now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:48:37 PM by jes00 »

will we be able to have more than 4 players? cuz that sounds cool like maybe 6 or 8 players

Still need to figure out a way to make a changeable number appear above the player's head for when they gain/lose coins.
As Badspot blocked the changings of the players shape name change ask Crown, I know he figured out the way around it.

I would base it off MP2, MP3, or MP7. Mario Part DS wasn't that good, IIRC.

Also, I'm working on the spaces. I have the model done, but I still need to export it and set up the prints. Unless you'd rather have 3D symbols modeled directly onto the bricks...?

Will you be giving the mod a new name?
I like the sound of "Block Party".
And I doubt I'll be the last to suggest that name too..

Only problem is the blockparty servers would make that confusing.

will we be able to have more than 4 players? cuz that sounds cool like maybe 6 or 8 players
Yes. Although it's your own fault if the game takes forever to play because you have 99 players.
As Badspot blocked the changings of the players shape name change ask Crown, I know he figured out the way around it. And you can get around it by making an invisible item over their head and setting the shape name of that.
I already know the shape name password(not that anyone could release an add-on with it). I'd prefer the text to be bigger if at all possible.
I would base it off MP2, MP3, or MP7. Mario Part DS wasn't that good, IIRC.
Kinda hard to do when I've only played them a couple times and I don't own the games.
Also, I'm working on the spaces. I have the model done, but I still need to export it and set up the prints. Unless you'd rather have 3D symbols modeled directly onto the bricks...?
Thanks! I think it'd be better to make them printable, that way it's easier to make a new tile type.
Only problem is the blockparty servers would make that confusing.
Exactly why I'll probably just keep it at mario party.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:00:19 PM by jes00 »

Maybe a waiting too should be implemented so people can join midmatch and see who wins

Off topic: don't hug me I'm scared

Hm, what if you name it Partyland?

Maybe a waiting too should be implemented so people can join midmatch and see who wins
I guess a new person could join when the turn is over. But then they almost certainly wouldn't win.
Hm, what if you name it Partyland?
Maybe. I guess I'll let people suggest names and then make a poll about it.

I had a typo I meant to say waiting room

Mkay, i was feeling creative and saw the drawer item. I modeled a Line Drawer 00 (a crayon) for it. It was rather just a chill project, but use it if you wish. It's not fully ready for Blockland as i need to scale it accordingly and export as .DTS. Uses two materials. CrayolaYellowOrange-FFAE42 and Sticker-626262.
A preview of the model itself here as well.
https://sketchfab.com/models/4f916f7ffa9642e38656887abc217a13#share

(NOTE: If you want less verticles and faces, but also less cool (  :(  ), just ask me to make the text more blocky.)

Mario Part DS wasn't that good, IIRC.

How come so?

Anyways, how about the name uh...umm...Block...okay I'm finished.

Mkay, i was feeling creative and saw the drawer item. I modeled a Line Drawer 00 (a crayon) for it. It was rather just a chill project, but use it if you wish. It's not fully ready for Blockland as i need to scale it accordingly and export as .DTS. Uses two materials. CrayolaYellowOrange-FFAE42 and Sticker-626262.
A preview of the model itself here as well.
https://sketchfab.com/models/4f916f7ffa9642e38656887abc217a13#share

(NOTE: If you want less verticles and faces, but also less cool (  :(  ), just ask me to make the text more blocky.)
Why not just use a texture for the text?

Hey, why not use static shapes and a 3D number for above the head? I can't export DTS, but I could hand the model off to someone who could. As for the name, I'd stick to just Mario Party.