Blockhead Bash! (Mario Party) - New Poll

Poll

What should the voting GUI do with the icons when the number of votes exceeds available space?

Only display one icon with the xNUMBER text. (Currently doing this)
15 (71.4%)
Display the max number of icons with the xNUMBER text.
5 (23.8%)
Display the xNUMBER text, delete all of the icons but one, and then make more icons when someone else votes.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Blockhead Bash! (Mario Party) - New Poll  (Read 20189 times)

Hold on, why are the tiles still marked as 90% done in OP?

Hold on, why are the tiles still marked as 90% done in OP?
I'm modifying them to at least be a little bit more efficient. As in, making them hide faces when covered. Sadly I can't do the top or sides though. As it's just a tiny, tiny, bit smaller then the bounding box.

I'm modifying them to at least be a little bit more efficient. As in, making them hide faces when covered. Sadly I can't do the top or sides though. As it's just a tiny, tiny, bit smaller then the bounding box.
Oh, I might be able to fix that. Let me take a look, I'll get back to you later, I have homework to do.

If you'd like a font recommendation, try New Super Mario Font U. Looks just like the numbers from the actual games.

EDIT: Added link.

A bit late, but: because I'm modeling the numbers, all I'll need is a visual representation of the numbers to go off of.

A bit late, but: because I'm modeling the numbers, all I'll need is a visual representation of the numbers to go off of.
Couldn't you just use the font tool?

I'm working on that Slayer documentation for you but there's still a long way to go. How badly do you need it?

I'm working on that Slayer documentation for you but there's still a long way to go. How badly do you need it?
Not very. I can figure most things out by looking at the old documentation and the Slayer code.

You never actually told me what size dice you wanted, but...

more appropriate print coming soon©

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:35:54 AM by TristanLuigi »

You never actually told me what size dice you wanted, but...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GxWTJR7.png[/img]

more appropriate print coming soon©

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Xhm9n9v.png[/img]
Didn't I? I mean't to. I was thinking a size closer to 3x3x5 or something. Also, I think colorable block would be better.

And maybe all of the sides of the print should have the same number to avoid any confusion when they're rolling?
Instead of cycling 1-10 when you're going to roll, it'll probably just pick a random number 1-10 and then stop when you hit it. To help avoid any bots that could be made.

Didn't I? I mean't to. I was thinking a size closer to 3x3x5 or something.
3x3x...5? I assumed you wanted a cubic dice.

Also, I think colorable block would be better.
The difference is only in the print, so I could do both.

And maybe all of the sides of the print should have the same number to avoid any confusion when they're rolling?
Instead of cycling 1-10 when you're going to roll, it'll probably just pick a random number 1-10 and then stop when you hit it. To help avoid any bots that could be made.
In that case, there's really no point in me making a special D6 brick because you could just use print cubes. I'll make the prints, though.
However, I'm going to continue with the separate-side version and probably release it as a separate add-on; I'll probably make other dice types for it too, and maybe non-dice versions of those too. Who knows!

EDIT:

Of course, paint FX work as well:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:04:42 PM by TristanLuigi »

I think colorable borders works better.

Me too, but he asked for the opposite so I did both.

3x3x...5? I assumed you wanted a cubic dice.
If you look at it, the 1x1x3 brick isn't even cubic. 1x1x2.5 would be a cube.
The difference is only in the print, so I could do both.
Me too, but he asked for the opposite so I did both.
I don't really care which it is.
However, I'm going to continue with the separate-side version and probably release it as a separate add-on; I'll probably make other dice types for it too, and maybe non-dice versions of those too. Who knows!
Ok.
EDIT:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Lq6D9KR.png[/img]

Of course, paint FX work as well:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZtttFra.png[/img]
Cool! Looks nice.

If you look at it, the 1x1x3 brick isn't even cubic. 1x1x2.5 would be a cube.
Oh, I didn't realize that you were talking plates rather than bricks here.

When I can be beta tester?