Blockhead Bash! (Mario Party) - New Poll

Poll

What should the voting GUI do with the icons when the number of votes exceeds available space?

Only display one icon with the xNUMBER text. (Currently doing this)
15 (71.4%)
Display the max number of icons with the xNUMBER text.
5 (23.8%)
Display the xNUMBER text, delete all of the icons but one, and then make more icons when someone else votes.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Blockhead Bash! (Mario Party) - New Poll  (Read 20195 times)

Finished the AIPlayer::moveNumTiles(%bot, %num) function. Along with handling the player choosing a path when one tile is connected to multiple others.

The player is replaced with a replica AI Player when they spawn. This is because it's much easier to manipulate and control an AI Player. They'll control their actual player when they enter into a sub game. They'll be an AI player the entire time they're on the game board.

When I can be beta tester?
When it's ready.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:02:32 PM by jes00 »

Ooh, very cool! Will the community be able to make their own maps? I know Racerboy was interested in making some, and I'd love to work on them as well.

Are there any other prints or bricks you want made?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:18:29 AM by TristanLuigi »

Will there be events that let us organize stuff after being on certain space? (i.e changing the path of the board when standing on a ? space)?

Will there be events that let us organize stuff after being on certain space? (i.e changing the path of the board when standing on a ? space)?
Hm yes. Great idea to include events to connect/disconnect tiles.

I've already made onTilePassedBy and onTileLandedOn events.

Woops. Forgot to reply to this.

Ooh, very cool! Will the community be able to make their own maps? I know Racerboy was interested in making some, and I'd love to work on them as well.
Yep. Events will also be included to help make your map more unique. I'm considering possibly allowing maps to have their own server.cs
Are there any other prints or bricks you want made?
Below is a list of some you can make if you feel like it.

Bowser space(maybe make another version that's more Blocklandish?):

Friend space(maybe with Blockheads instead?):

Mushroom space:

Bank space:

Warp space(just the circular part if you make it):

Unlucky space:

Free for all space:

Boss battle space:

Two teams space: Does not exist. You can get creative and make it if you want.

Four teams space: Does not exist. You can get creative and make it if you want.

All vs 1 space: Does not exist. You can get creative and make it if you want.

Hexes:

10 Coin hex:

20 Coin hex:

Coin swap hex:

1 Star hex:

2 Star hex:

Space swap hex:

Star block:

Coin block:

Like I said. You don't have to make any of these. But feel free to.

Alright, I'm going to start working on some of those prints. Here's what I'm thinking:
Bowser - Tracing of default skull brick, if not just a skull and crossbones.
Friend - Two blockheads shaking hands. Might not be done at all.
Warp - I'll just do an 8-pointed star.
Unlucky - For this one, just use the note print on a red brick rather than blue.
Mushroom, Bank, VS, and Boss - Will do as normal.
I'm not going to do any of the hexes as I don't really know how they work, and they seem like additional clutter that would probably work on a Chance Time event (! space) anyway. However, I probably will do a coin space.

Also, I just started getting into scripting (this project kinda inspired me :D), and I'd love to see the source for this just so I can take a look at it, and also I was considering writing code for coin output events, basically addCoins, setCoins, bankDeposit, and bankWithdrawal. If not, that's fine too; I mostly just wanted to see how coins were handled and stored.

I'm not going to do any of the hexes as I don't really know how they work, and they seem like additional clutter that would probably work on a Chance Time event (! space) anyway. However, I probably will do a coin space.

Just so you know, hexes are spaces you plant like items some tiles away from the one you're in. If you step in one, you're robbed something. I.e You land on a 1 star hex? You got stolen 1 star by the Blockhead that put it. They also are usually marked by a character symbol instead of the exact design, so people never know what hex is it.

To work around that, you should do P1, P2, P3 and P4 hexes, if you're ever gonna do it.

Also all this clutter of spaces is messy, what game are we based on?

EDIT: If you land on your own hex, you get 5 coins. Except for the Star and Coin Block hexes, where you hit a block to get a star or hit a block to get coins as many times as you can.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:17:34 PM by Superstarxalien169 »

uh well
we're not really sure yet tbh
jes has only played mario party ds
the rest of us are more into the the console games (as you should because they're better)
and we're doing this weird mix of classic mario party and mario party 9 spaces

As for the P1-P4 spaces, I'm not going to do each hex individually because that would suck, but rather prints for P1-P4, and players will have to guess/remember what item was used, similar to the orb system in Mario Party 5-7. Also, would you guys rather have yellow for P4 or purple?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:22:23 PM by TristanLuigi »

uh well
we're not really sure yet tbh
the rest of us are more into the the console games (as you should because they're better)
and we're doing this weird mix of classic mario party and mario party 9 spaces

Mario Party 9 sucks bollocks. 8 does to a lesser extent (R.I.P. minigames after every turn).

I played 2 and it was the best.

Mario Party 9 sucks bollocks. 8 does to a lesser extent (R.I.P. minigames after every turn).

I played 2 and it was the best.
I've played 2 as well, but the space designs were a little inconsistent in the N64 games. IMO, Mario Party 6 and 7 (especially 7) were the best, though Mario Party 2 and 3 were also pretty great. Mario Party 4 had generic-looking boards, Mario Party 5 was good but wasn't really special, Mario Part 6's day/night thing was kinda clever, and Mario Party 7 was just really polished. Mario Party 8 was kinda crummy and Mario Party 9 was... different. I didn't find it awful, but still... oh, and Island Tour was apparently horrid.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:25:48 PM by TristanLuigi »

Alright, I'm going to start working on some of those prints. Here's what I'm thinking:
Bowser - Tracing of default skull brick, if not just a skull and crossbones.
Friend - Two blockheads shaking hands. Might not be done at all.
Warp - I'll just do an 8-pointed star.
Unlucky - For this one, just use the note print on a red brick rather than blue.
Mushroom, Bank, VS, and Boss - Will do as normal.
Cool! Maybe use this design for the mushroom space instead?

And maybe use one of these designs for the bank space.

Also, I just started getting into scripting (this project kinda inspired me :D), and I'd love to see the source for this just so I can take a look at it
Sure thing. Glad to hear you're taking an interest in coding. Keep in mind that some things are only partially complete and some things don't exist at all.

EDIT: On second thought, perhaps it's best not to until it's closer to completion. The unfinished parts of code will probably just end up confusing you.
I was considering writing code for coin output events, basically addCoins, setCoins, bankDeposit, and bankWithdrawal. If not, that's fine too; I mostly just wanted to see how coins were handled and stored.
I've already pretty much finished addCoins and setCoins. Just waiting on the models. bankDeposit and bankWithdrawal aren't really needed. Although I guess I'll add them for more customization(it'll only take like, 2 minutes to script). I'm just using the client's score to store their coins. Although it wouldn't be hard to do it otherwise.
Kinda just taking bits from all of them.
I've played more then the DS version. I just only own the DS version.
As for the P1-P4 spaces, I'm not going to do each hex individually because that would suck, but rather prints for P1-P4, and players will have to guess/remember what item was used, similar to the orb system in Mario Party 5-7. Also, would you guys rather have yellow for P4 or purple?
But the gamemode is going to allow for more than four players...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:41:47 PM by jes00 »

I've already pretty much finished addCoins and setCoins. Just waiting on the models.
I've played more then the DS version. I just only own the DS version.
But the gamemode is going to allow for more than four players...
oh whoops lol

and for the mushroom and bank spaces, I was going to use one of the two mushroom symbols from smash brothers and create my own design for the bank space

and for the mushroom and bank spaces, I was going to use one of the two mushroom symbols from smash brothers and create my own design for the bank space
Ok. Sounds good.

Ok. Sounds good.
Which would you prefer? The fat one without spots or the modern-looking one?

Which would you prefer? The fat one without spots or the modern-looking one?
The modern looking one.