Blockhead Bash! (Mario Party) - New Poll

Poll

What should the voting GUI do with the icons when the number of votes exceeds available space?

Only display one icon with the xNUMBER text. (Currently doing this)
15 (71.4%)
Display the max number of icons with the xNUMBER text.
5 (23.8%)
Display the xNUMBER text, delete all of the icons but one, and then make more icons when someone else votes.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Blockhead Bash! (Mario Party) - New Poll  (Read 20180 times)

I spaced out the numbers, resized the model to fit the size of the Blockhead and packaged it up.
PMed you the file.

If you have any issues, contact me.
Hm. It'd make things a whole lot easier for me if you made the coin(in the model you just did) a node named coin.

Problem is, is that the coin itself uses two different textures.
If you want I could merge both parts of the coin and have it use one color for simplicity and naming purposes.

Problem is, is that the coin itself uses two different textures.
If you want I could merge both parts of the coin and have it use one color for simplicity and naming purposes.
I'd rather the coin be two nodes than have it all the same texture.

So then are you having issues with the specific names of the two coin nodes?

So then are you having issues with the specific names of the two coin nodes?
What do you mean? Did you already name the nodes for the coin? If you did then you never told me what they are.

Oh my bad then. Wasn't aware it was needed.
I named them oddly because I didn't know they'd be needed...

The coin nodes are named: "MainG" and "Notforme"
The names carry over from the original coin model.

Oh my bad then. Wasn't aware it was needed.
I named them oddly because I didn't know they'd be needed...

The coin nodes are named: "MainG" and "Notforme"
The names carry over from the original coin model.
Oh. Cool beans. I guess what they're named don't matter. As long as they're named.

No part of a model can go without a name.
Programs give them default names for categorization some as simple as box2.
Either way, the naming of the coin shouldn't interfere with the numbers.

Did you do something wrong with the model? This is after I recolored it and unhid all of the nodes.

It also vanishes all together when you look at it from below.

EDIT: Ok. I've gotten the letters not to be transparent or whatever you want to call it(I was using the 0 - 255 format of setting the color rather than 0 - 1). But I still can't get any of the nodes to appear besides the nines(which appear upon creation of the static shape). I also can't hide any of the nodes. I think that this is something wrong with the model itself.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:29:22 PM by jes00 »

Ill explain exactly what the model is in case I did something wrong.
Each number and the + and - symbols are separate shapes named differently in accordance to the number and which slot they go in.

The yellow highlighted bits being the coin parts, the minus and plus being the - and +, and the a0, a1, a2 and so on are the numbers.
Material 1 is the blank texture and mat3 and 4 are for the coin. There is no texture 2

The model itself faces on the same vertex as weapons and hats do, so I'm not sure why its rotated like that.
As far as I can tell, the model itself is okay.

The only thing I can guess happened is that the LOD wasn't set right (I usually export at 2). Im not exactly sure what the LOD does, but Ive never had luck with models that aren't at 2. Ill try and repackage the model for you with the LOD set to 2. This, however, will set all shape names to have a 2 at the end so "a3" will become "a32".

Now everything is working except hiding/unhiding the number nodes. I tried aOne2, aTwo2, etc.

EDIT: Got it to work. I didn't need to include the 2 at the end of the node names.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:22:48 PM by jes00 »

Now everything is working except hiding/unhiding the number nodes. I tried aOne2, aTwo2, etc.

EDIT: Got it to work. I didn't need to include the 2 at the end of the node names.

Well thats good. At least its working.
Live and learn I suppose.

Do you need beta testers?

What are the requirements of a map aswell as dimensions for the tiles?

live and learn is just an expression
im living but am i learning
no.

Do you need beta testers?

What are the requirements of a map aswell as dimensions for the tiles?
Development is not currently in the beta testing stages.

There are 4x, 6x, and 8x tiles.

I'll be releasing a version of the game mode specifically for making maps later.