Why are we having a age of handicaps?

Author Topic: Why are we having a age of handicaps?  (Read 5276 times)

consider this: maybe there's a portion of the forums who, after having been here for a number of years, already consider this "age of handicaps" to have begun, and think of you as just another part of it?

maybe new people are still just as dumb as they've always been, and you've just grown past it?

You know there should be a default message saying to make a "I'm new" thread or something, so people become good forumers rather then bad ones.

1. there has always been 'an age of handicaps', every community has it's rotten tomatoes
2. don't put yourself above them

I've noticed this trend going on since late 2010, then I realized it's not a trend, it's just standard procedure. New users come and old ones go all the time, this isn't an "age of handicaps".

No idea what you're talking about op but the forums are definitely a lot more hostile than they used to be
"no! t-theres no problem with the forums being hostile, you're just a babby!"
~people who are part of the problem

oh stuff that backfire

cynicism is definitely at an all-time high because a lot of people are upset about the game but i guess it's the internet

Maybe after the Betelgeuse-pandemic it sent a shock wave of autistic users to invade the forums?

This gonna end this year or will it continue for god knows how long?

Hang on let me just pull out my crystal ball I use to see the future.

yeah I'd say it started around the 11th of November 2009
I'm gravely offended.
I know it's actually on the 7th but the misconception is common enough to be understood.

You first started posting here about 5 years ago, when you were 9/10 (provided your age info is correct).
You definitely come off as being 'handicapped' back then.

I first started posting here about 6 years ago, when I was 13.
I also come off as being 'handicapped' back then.

Destroyer started posting here about 7 years ago, when he was about 13-14.
He also comes off as being 'handicapped' back then (although arguably not by a great extent)

Pretty much everyone new here looks handicapped.
Often because they're young, either they're children or young teenagers. They're not wise, they're not particularly knowledgable and they're usually not very mature.
They're also often completely new to internet communities, particularly the forums, and especially the workings of THESE forums.

Thing is, while you're young and inexperienced, you're pretty much stupid. And being stupid, you're not really aware that you are stupid. And you're not going to notice that other people who act the same as you are ALSO stupid.

Then you spend a few years on the forums, you get to know how things work better, you age and mature a bit, and you're aware of things that seem stupid. And if you look back on your own posts, you'll likely find they were stupid compared to what you post now.
You're just at the point where you can notice how many idiots there are. But they're the same amount of idiots as there always has been, doing as idiotic things as have always been done, as pretty much all of us have done.

This isn't an age of handicaps, or at least no more than it ever was.
You're just more aware of people being immature and stupid than you were before. Welcome to growing up.

^ and then you realize killercop hasn't changed a bit.