Author Topic: best way to treat a cold?  (Read 929 times)

what the forget are you doing
antibiotics can't kill a cold
lol are you treating a cold with antibiotics
see kids this is why we have antibiotic resistance
cuz people take them in cases when they're going to do absolutely nothing to help

My mom had strep throat once, went in, was tested for bacterial infection
Came back negative, but the doctor gave her antibiotics anyways. She wouldn't listen to me when I said she didn't need them

You want a painkiller of some sort to help ease your pain.
Normally I would recommend Paracetamol or Ibuprofen.
Check the packaging for the correct dosages and stick to them. Do not take more than recommended. You can cause liver damage.

Are you coughing much?
When you cough do you bring up the mucus in your cough? If yes this is a Chesty Cough.
If no, you have a Dry Cough.

You can get over-the-counter Chesty Cough syrups which help ease the coughing, as well as loosen up mucus so that you cough more effectively and bring up more mucus.

Get plenty of rest, and drink plenty of fluids. This doesn't have to be water. It can be juices, soups, milk (not advisable if you're like to vomit though), fizzy soft-drinks (not always advisable if you're feeling sick), flavoured water, etc...

If the cold persists for more than a week, and if your symptoms get worse, or change drammatically, then book an appointment with your doctor.
They may be able to identify the issue as more than a cold. You could for example have a throat infection, which could require antibiotics.
On that note, DO NOT SELF-PRESCRIBE ANTIBIOTICS. Only take antibiotics you are told to take, and take ALL of them as per instructions. DO NOT stop taking antibiotics and hoarding them. They serve you NO purpose in the future and you risk allowing the evolution of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Not taking any of these artificial "medicines", eating healthy and recovering from the disease naturally.

Take pseudoephedrine as prescribed, take a small thick tower, soak it in water, wring it out a bit, put in a microwave and nuke it for about 35-45 second and apply it face several times. The heat will help calm your mucus membranes and open nasal passage ways.

Don't forget to wave the towel around if it is too hot.

Not taking any of these artificial "medicines", eating healthy and recovering from the disease naturally.
because the best way to cure yourself is to do it like the neanderthals 10000 years ago and not using modern technology

learn how a cold works and accept the fact colds aren't treatable. you wait and hope your immune system is strong enough to deal with it fast.

I too welcome humanity's return to a thirty year life expectancy

why are you a weirdo

whatever you do, do not drink milk. it makes it worse, adds more mucus buildup, etc.