New and Improved VCE

Author Topic: New and Improved VCE  (Read 3393 times)

There is a new VCE that's basically done.

Is it up for download yet?

I like VCE and the code really isn't that bad. I went around to modify the code so that it works with new hole bots, while also shortening some of the code and fixing a few small errors.

It would still be nice to have a default "variable system" if Baddy could simplify VCE his own way

Jes I know your version has the manual; where as I removed it completely.
I like your VCE guide it's very nice :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:11:10 PM by Goth77 »

Why is it not released?

Is there some bad bugs in it or something?

It's `basically` done in the sense of that it works. I haven't implemented as much as I'd like to yet (mini-game variable storage, more scripted variables on objects, direct function calls, additional types for stuff like vectors, arrays and dictionaries) and I haven't added a timeout to stop variable loops.

It's `basically` done in the sense of that it works. I haven't implemented as much as I'd like to yet (mini-game variable storage, more scripted variables on objects, direct function calls, additional types for stuff like vectors, arrays and dictionaries) and I haven't added a timeout to stop variable loops.
What language are you basing the syntax on?

No it didn't.

[0] onActivate -> Self -> _expr ->   x = x + 1
[1] onActivate -> Self -> _expr ->   x == 10   ->   2-3
[2] _onTrue -> Self -> playSound -> ...
[3] _onTrue -> Self -> _expr ->   x = 0

Or alternatively, since everything is an expression with a value, this can be substituted with:

[0] onActivate -> Self -> _expr ->   (x=x+1) % 10 == 0   ->   1
[1] _onTrue -> Self -> playSound -> ...

You don't always need actual _expr events. Here's a click counter:

onActivate -> Client -> CenterPrint -> <color:FFFFFF>Number of clicks: {{n = n + 1}}
ho stuff yes please

Apparently

onActivate -> Client -> ifVairable (Name) = 0

onVairableTrue -> Client -> additem (Item)

Does not work in minigames...? Is this just a bug that happened or what.......

I will be eagerly awaiting your version.

I use VCE quite a lot on my server and it is starting to break down.
You don't want to know how much grief it already gave me.
The amount of loops I had to jump though to get it at least working decently, but there are still so many limitations.

Like I have to check with an ifVariable function every time I set a variable on a player to be sure it is actually set.

Could you tell me how similar your addon is?
Can I just replace the Event_Variable zip with yours and it will be mostly converted in all my saves?
I don't mind changing some names, I can just do a replace in the save file.
But if it works completely different then I'll need to do a lot more.