~~~Host's guide to catching injected cheaters~~~

Author Topic: ~~~Host's guide to catching injected cheaters~~~  (Read 7563 times)

The hardcore problem users will always find a way around the issues keeping them from "playing", however, they are the >1%.

This information will be much more useful against the people who came across this hack who have no idea how it works, aside from that it is an aimbot and makes the game "easier to play". A young kid who innocently* downloaded an aimbot .dll off the internet won't know how to decompile it, change keybinds, and make it less detectable by the server administrators.

*(subject to debate)
the opposing side here to the debate being the geeky monkeys behind the .dll files can recompile it with different keys and mass spread it again with no issues. and how hard is it to change those keys to something undetectable? F# keys? Combinations of other keys? play smart, stay safe (or undetectable from hack detectives in this case (hint: you guys)[lets not forget the crooked cop OP with cocaine traces on his nose])

you don't need to give them the benefit of the doubt and test them. you can just ban the guys and be done with it anyway.
DING DING winner! now only apply this logic and not the silly test and you got yourself a fool proof anti-hack system. and you didn't even need to sound all techy and geeky. op take lessons and sit down

^ I shoulda won before him

anyways both of these things are gonna be blatantly obvious either way and if you need to take someone out to 'prove' that they're using something chances are they're not using it to the point of it being a problem

I was just being nice to the disabled...

that was a joke don't bother crying on my shoulder

Cca is kinda the lawful neutral-lawful evil type.  He will sometimes use hacks but only if the server host allows it (if he likes or doesn't mind them), and will accept any consequences or limitations to himself that the host may provide in said scenario.  If Cca doesn't like someone, he will take the initiative.  I've noticed that he frequently acts only on a consent system.

Simply said, if you mercilessly give him stuff, he will give you no mercy.  If you're just here to berate him, it's not anyone ANY good, especially since Cca wasn't obliged to post this "PSA."

OT:  Thank you so much for sharing this.

What's the point in catching a hacker if some starfish named CCA crashes your server?

we should make a list of people with the hack so hosts know who to perma

For the Speedhack, some people can bypass it, -someway-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:48:33 AM by Outpacte »

Gee, thanks for giving everyone who reads this a way to bypass it.

Gee, thanks for giving everyone who reads this a way to bypass it.
edited it out lmao

honestly this was obvious
anyone who knows how the hack works can figure this out

honestly this was obvious
anyone who knows how the hack works can figure this out
I've bumped into various honest folk who want nothing to do with the .dll and have never used it. They don't know the controls and don't know how to spot or catch injected users. This thread is for them: I explain how the hack works to people who don't know.

This information is useful even if a new hack replaces it someday.  There is no downside to having this information unless the .dll creator reads it and makes a new hack to counter it.

This information is useful even if a new hack replaces it someday.  There is no downside to having this information unless the .dll creator reads it and makes a new hack to counter it.
He's already read it and even posted here on the thread lol.

This is very useful indeed