Author Topic: elementary os freya is coming out tomorrow/in a few hours eee  (Read 2143 times)

Jesus, my Ubuntu partition is so slow and bloated. I don't know why I ever thought it was a good idea to dual boot it.

Is eOS faster?

Jesus, my Ubuntu partition is so slow and bloated. I don't know why I ever thought it was a good idea to dual boot it.

Is eOS faster?

i'd say so

i'd say so
I heard it has its own DE. What is it and what is it forked from?

I heard it has its own DE. What is it and what is it forked from?

pantheon
forked from gnome i believe

luna is the stable download available at the moment, very basic

freya is available as an unstable download, they made some more ui tweaks to the DE, which i think is coolr

I love backgrounds like that. Someone should make a game with a similar style.

Is that plank? Or does that dock come with pantheon?

Right now I have Arch and Ubuntu dual booted. On Arch I have i3 wm. On Ubuntu I have Unity and XFCE.

Ubuntu is so slow though, no matter what DE I use. I think I'll replace it with eOS. I like how the panel at the top is transparent when the text can contrast against the background.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:46:58 AM by blueblur121 »

me too, but it looks like it would attract people who would try to make it into some deep artistic meaning, which would suck

eh i like windows 7 a lot :)

edit: nah forget that actually, i want to try it
the problem is though, i have no loving idea how to do this. anyone wanna add me on steam and walk me through it? :^)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MRKITKAT
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:14:36 PM by MrKitKat »

Quick tip for future topics OP: Include actual informative content in the topic.

blockland lol

eh i like windows 7 a lot :)

edit: nah forget that actually, i want to try it
the problem is though, i have no loving idea how to do this. anyone wanna add me on steam and walk me through it? :^)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MRKITKAT
I'll do it. Just wait for the FR.

me too, but it looks like it would attract people who would try to make it into some deep artistic meaning, which would suck
how could that suck? who cares what other people think about your game, as long as you liked it? especially if they liked it too, but a different way...

how could that suck? who cares what other people think about your game, as long as you liked it? especially if they liked it too, but a different way...
i'm talking about the developers making something that's cool and yeah but the meaning was not to waste your life on video games and go outside and stuff like that
like little inferno, it was a good game but i didn't like that artsy thing at the end

lol the os has a bug where you cant boot to it thru uefi, anyone else?

lol the os has a bug where you cant boot to it thru uefi, anyone else?

cannot even find the download link, nobody will tell me :(