Author Topic: sp00n.exe(21920): terribad ban on MERP  (Read 2982 times)

Just a ban message because I wasn't planning on making a drama untill this:

Wait, spoon. He wrote a bad review of blockland on steam. He also was reminded of how sucky his builds were when he hosted this once more.

/support

Give him a hypocrite punch.

Edit: here is some proof

Quote from: Z8MB1E
Not Recommended
9.1 hrs on record
Posted: October 9, 2014
So this game has been one of my favorite building games of all time. Starting in 2010 along with the majority of what I would say was our community, I bought the original Blockland and was having a great time. Things were getting done, updates being made. There were these classics maps I'll never forget: the Bedroom, the Kitchen, and the Slopes. I enjoyed this game, and I was estimated to be playing it about 10 hours a day or more.

It took some time but an insightful man by the name of Ephialtes in-game decided to build Blockland a new system. I believe it was around 2011-2012 that this became widely-used. It was called Return to Blockland, and was basically the Steam client for Blockland before Blockland was actually on Steam. It had a 'Workshop' (servers that hosted add-ons you could directly download from), Add-On Manager, Friends client, global IRC chat, chat rooms, easy-to-use settings system for your server, add-on preferences manager, and so much more. It was the true revelation of Blockland's existence. It brought upon a new experience for the Blockland community, and gave it a modern feel.

Then this game went on Greenlight.

That officially marked the downfall of RTB, which would eventually be shut down because Steam replaced 1/3 of its functionality. There would no longer be a place to manage your add-ons, chat globally with other BL users, find your friends (since they would no longer be on RTB and you didn't know if they had Steam), and last but not least, you could no longer manage your server like you used to.

That probably drove me away the most. I stuck around for a bit, hosted a multitude of mildly popular servers as well as a 32/32 player MERP server that consisted of most of my time. After about four months, I kinda lost interest and began the process of leaving the BL community. I left a legacy, but even that would soon be forgotten...

So you know that game called Minecraft? I ended up spending almost all of my time on that. I hosted some very popular servers on Minecraft, met some great friends, and was enjoying it. I almost forgot about Blockland completely, but then my friend (who shall remain nameless) decided to get Blockland after I showed him a fun little gamemode on it called Renderman. He got it, and when I saw that he did, I decided to hop back on and play with him... but I didn't do much otherwise.

I truly came back about two months ago. I began hosting my MERP server, probably just to feel the nostalgia and see all the empires that had been built on it. A friend of mine by the name of Amir (a full-time player of my server back when it was popular) happened to stop by. We had an awesome reunion, played a bit of MERP (not really. Just remarked on how sucky our builds were), had a lot of fun. I began playing Blockland much more.

And then I stopped. Garry's Mod took up my time. I managed a community on there and couldn't depart from them. But that wasn't the only reason.

I lost interest.

So anyways, if you got to the bottom of this review reading through an incredibly long backstory and wondering why the heck I'd write a story like that, I congratulate you. You have the patience of a... you, but none of this was really a review, was it?

So here's my take on the game.

If you want to play a game with a low amount of active community supporters/respectful, mature players, don't get this game.

If you want to play a game where you build anything and can do anything (with the help of a bit of programming knowledge or the visually-based event system), get this game.

If you want to play a game where servers are always full and there is an easy way to liven up your game with user-created add-ons, don't get this game.

If you want to play a game where you can host a server of any kind, have some fun with Pirate Ship DM gamemodes, and basically shoot your friends with laser pistols and horse rays (yeah, they turn them into a horse), this game IS FOR YOU.

BUT. If you want a game that will keep you interested for years to come, always ready for that next update, always ready for that next big thing... don't get this game. It's unkempt, uncombed, and unfathomably stagnate.

But I might be wrong. What if YOU are the next big thing?

In my opinion, this game is NOT recommended due to the lack of interesting things that may be found in Blockland.
It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but it is running on steam (get it hahahahaaha... haha. ..ha... sorry) and no longer has that spark of a game that has true potential. Maybe Badspot can turn this around one day. And maybe you can be a part of that. Me, on the other hand, have exhausted the game of Blockland. I like the game, but I can no longer play it.

Maybe it'll be different for you.

Edit: here is some proof

i love all those citations in his review!

I was banned from MERP for not knowing something mentioned in the rules that I have never heard on any other MERP servers.
I think it was Blackwatch's or something

Sorry. I did not know that MERP was Mini Empires RP. Do not mind me. I thought that was just the name of his server.

Wait, spoon. He wrote a bad review of blockland on steam.
he don leik gam INSTNT HTAE HIM!!

terrible, just terrible.

i'd like a picture and/or description of what you built, because it looks like you were building so bad it got you banned.

terrible, just terrible.

Just a little refresher for your brain: you're posting on the Blockland forums, a community dedicated to the game, Blockland. This guy wrote a stuffty negative review for Blockland with one of the centric points of the review being that the game is bad because it's on steam. What's terrible for thinking the guy's a moron?

terrible, just terrible.

i'd like a picture and/or description of what you built, because it looks like you were building so bad it got you banned.
don't you think if he wants to give the game a bad name and stop people from buying it, he wouldn't be playing it..?

also, getting banned for building bad isn't cool, as that's the best way to improve is to keep trying to build

*weep weep*

keep in mind you were making spammy houses, MASSIVELY out of scale, out of 1x1's and continuously producing them. With the limited space at the time, I'm sure a town would take up half the loving island.