World RPG Client UI suggestions

Author Topic: World RPG Client UI suggestions  (Read 1945 times)

Currently I am having issues deciding what kind of GUI for the overlay for the client to my server.

It needs exp and health progress bars (armor too in case they have it), and their level.

I am just not sure how to have the layout as. So far these are my suggestions

(Bottom of screen)

It basically hides the build inventory when the building is disabled (same for painting in case I add an overlay near where the paintcan is)

Here's the other one.

This would go to the bottom left of the screen, since there is usually nothing there. I think it would fit best there anyways.

Definitely don't do the first, it looks really odd.
The second one is pretty good, but also pretty generic-looking.

Here's an idea:

This is at the bottom of the screen. I don't know how easy the circular bar would be (and I have a feeling the answer is "not very") but I think your GUI does need to have more character.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:07:45 PM by TristanLuigi »

I'll try to do that, I actually had an idea for that

What about this?

That's definitely better! Personally, I'd make the frame around the square a little thinner, but that's just my preference. Very nice.

What about this?

Nice, but the text style is ugly. The healthbar might look better on the bottom.

Lego Lad is off foaming from his mouth somewhere.

Here's an idea:

This is at the bottom of the screen. I don't know how easy the circular bar would be (and I have a feeling the answer is "not very") but I think your GUI does need to have more character.
I like this one, because it look lovey GUI!

Nice, but the text style is ugly. The healthbar might look better on the bottom.
What kind of text style should I use?

What kind of text style should I use?
I dunno, maybe Impact for the level. For the health, either Impact or a different sans-serif font (Tahoma? Verdana?)
And yeah, I agree that the health bar should be at the bottom.

imgur deleted the picture
and i deleted it from my pc too
forget
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:17:03 PM by TheNewZedrow »

Here's an idea:

This one looks best so far, though I'm not sure how to do the circular bar either