Author Topic: A variety of problems that lead to not being able to join servers  (Read 2668 times)

Alright, so the current situation is:

- using my current cache.db, whenever i connect to a server, it spits me back out to the main menu with an error some time while loading or right after spawning; this is constant, so there's no way to play like this

the error is always different so i can't say it's due to one addon

- taking out my current cache.db and generating a new one, whenever i connect to a server, the loading never goes past "downloading file manifest", always stopping at the very end of it

this is also constant and never changes

due to these two problems i cannot play on any server before; i've gotten problems alike before, all fixed by restarting blockland, restarting steam or trying a different server - this time, neither works

reinstalled blockland fully, problem persists

noedit:
console log for first problem:
Sending Connect Request
Connection established
Connected successfully, killing other pending connections
*** New Mission
*** Phase 1: Download Datablocks & Targets
Received manifest and requested 3828 blobs. (1660 duplicates removed)
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL'
 - Request was for ''
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL'
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
CDN Download finished
Steam Lobby Created: 109775241652456948
Steam Lobby Joined: 109775241652456948
lobby enter torquescript callback, yourlobby: 1
  this is our lobby
  have a server connection!
... Shape with old version.
Connection error: Missing sequence base/data/shapes/player/m_crouchBaclGdsq crouchBack for base/data/shapes/player/m.dts.
Leaving Steam Lobby: 109775241652456948
Issuing Disconnect packet.
Window reactivating...

console log for second problem:
Sending Connect Request
Connection established
Connected successfully, killing other pending connections
*** New Mission
*** Phase 1: Download Datablocks & Targets
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
CDN Download finished
Executing config/server/prefs.cs.
BlobDownloadManager::blobReceived - Got incorrect hash! (expected=900d88a267b3cf4df472b2a73a93bf730259ab7d, actual=3d0e06dcba108ade416921a7e3de49638e77c813) Ignoring...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Issuing Disconnect packet.
Exporting server prefs
Exporting client prefs
Exporting client config
Shutting down the OpenGL display device...
Making the GL rendering context not current...
Deleting the GL rendering context...
Releasing the device context...

so it turns out the one thing i hadn't applied yet was the 'did you turn it off and on again' policy
i hadn't restarted my laptop in several days, and doing so fixed it

locking

sorry for quintuple post but no
it does not work

i have no loving idea what to do anymore

I messaged you on steam but you didn't get it
how about someone else give you their cache.db?
probably not me because it's 2GB but maybe someone else with a lower one

I messaged you on steam but you didn't get it
how about someone else give you their cache.db?
probably not me because it's 2GB but maybe someone else with a lower one
i don't think another cache.db would help that much since the problems occur both with my one and a fresh one, so it's probably not related

in that regard the problems just keep multiplying and getting worse uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

apparently the two problems above only happen about half of the time

the other half of the time, the loading gets to datablocks, where one of three things happens:

- loading freezes during datablocks
 - game crashes during datablocks with the traditional "has stopped working" reason
 - game crashes during datablocks with this stuff

Try moving the Blockland folder (nonsteam, no idea how to do it with steam) to somewhere else like C:/Blockland and then make a .bat file also inside the blockland folder with start BlocklandLauncher.exe -profilePath .
the bat file simply tells blockland it's moved folders

Try moving the Blockland folder (nonsteam, no idea how to do it with steam) to somewhere else like C:/Blockland and then make a .bat file also inside the blockland folder with start BlocklandLauncher.exe -profilePath .
the bat file simply tells blockland it's moved folders
After make sure to always run the game from the .bat

i have both steam and nonsteam blockland, but i only really use the steam version

just tried nonsteam blockland, exact same problem with the freezing at downloading file manifest

ughhh

run a disk defrag or clean out the C:/ HDD, problems might arise if you're low on memory. those are just wildass guesses however.

PM badspot maybe?