Etheria & Aetheria

Poll

Which theria is your favorite?

Aetheria
30 (34.1%)
Etheria
58 (65.9%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Etheria & Aetheria  (Read 22076 times)

Could someone be so kind as to giving me a summary of why this Off Topic thread is in the Drama aisle?
Could you be so kind as to read the thread?

Could you be so kind as to read the thread?

Sadly, I'm that lazy. Maybe I'll get around to reading it, but for now, I'm waiting for an easy way to understand the reason of this thread being here. OP didn't seem to tell me

Sadly, I'm that lazy. Maybe I'll get around to reading it, but for now, I'm waiting for an easy way to understand the reason of this thread being here. OP didn't seem to tell me
OP released files exe files, and he had used a .bat to .exe converter to make them .exe
There was a strange password thing in the .exe that would crash when "You are not worthy" was entered.
Running the file mdftDecrypter.exe would infect you with a RAT, also known as a Remote Access Tool. As evidenced by other people, it isn't OP that put the RAT in, but the program itself.

OP released files exe files, and he had used a .bat to .exe converter to make them .exe
There was a strange password thing in the .exe that would crash when "You are not worthy" was entered.
Running the file mdftDecrypter.exe would infect you with a RAT, also known as a Remote Access Tool. As evidenced by other people, it isn't OP that put the RAT in, but the program itself.
I tested the program in a controlled environment on a virtual machine. After using the program and tracking all the disk actions it made, I found no evidence of it installing a remote access tool anywhere. Additionally, I ran a packet sniffer for a few hours just to be sure there wasn't any programs trying to 'phone home' (RATs do this). Alas, there was absolutely no evidence of any residual files or programs left behind by mdftDecrypter.exe. I am now thoroughly certain that the program is not a RAT, and that the antivirus detections (which, by the way, were only made by four off-brand programs I've never even heard of) are false positives.

I tested the program in a controlled environment on a virtual machine. After using the program and tracking all the disk actions it made, I found no evidence of it installing a remote access tool anywhere. Additionally, I ran a packet sniffer for a few hours just to be sure there wasn't any programs trying to 'phone home' (RATs do this). Alas, there was absolutely no evidence of any residual files or programs left behind by mdftDecrypter.exe. I am now thoroughly certain that the program is not a RAT, and that the antivirus detections (which, by the way, were only made by four off-brand programs I've never even heard of) are false positives.
So what you're saying is, Badspot is a liar and the OP had no reason to be banned?

So what you're saying is, Badspot is a liar and the OP had no reason to be banned?
badspot made a quick assumption, not to offend him. op still should have known exes aren't allowed, and shouldn't have used a strange converter.

badspot made a quick assumption, not to offend him. op still should have known exes aren't allowed, and shouldn't have used a strange converter.
.EXEs are banned?

i don't recall it ever being a rule, but a while ago, okiver or someone put a rat (or maybe something else) in a program. i'm not sure, i vaguely remember it.

i don't recall it ever being a rule, but a while ago, okiver or someone put a rat (or maybe something else) in a program. i'm not sure, i vaguely remember it.
Program: ID Lookup by user Ellinia?

Program: ID Lookup by user Ellinia?

no no, i remember that, but something significant comes to mind when i think of RAT, okiver, and the forums.

.EXEs are banned?
when you have something that can kill your computer by double clicking yeah i think thats a reason why

no no, i remember that, but something significant comes to mind when i think of RAT, okiver, and the forums.
It had to relate to stealing credit cards

The funny part is the thread has no information...
read the entire thread. the OP is not the entire thread.

(which, by the way, were only made by four off-brand programs I've never even heard of)
thank you

The funny part is the thread has no information...
what about the other 16 pages

i was here since the beginning pretty much, it was in the off topic section before an .exe file was posted (and people got scared thinking it was a RAT because of a false positive flagged by VirusTotal [which is stuff anyways, there are better alternatives]) and lead to OP's banning and the relocation of this thread into drama

in the end OP was unbanned, the .exe was proved to be safe, everybody is (mostly) happy. wooo, let's let this thread die now