Poll

Do we need a good, brick-optimized terrain generator?

Yes
2 (33.3%)
Definitely
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: A working ModTer terrain generator  (Read 1007 times)

Since terrain and interiors are gone, and have been for a very long time, we need a ModTer terrain generator. I know GFS ghost has one, but to be honest, it's useless considering small terrain generation is about ~300,000 bricks(or you can have floating terrain, which is fine if you never misplace a brick or want to delete something), and the limit for bricks is 256,000. Not everyone wants to sit down and spend hours building terrain for a build that takes 2. So we need an optimized terrain generator, something that will use the least amount of bricks.

Xalos made a heightmap terrain generator. You could ask him for it. Also, use the Swiss Army Gun + Floatbuild on those floating terrains and you'll be fine.

still, I'd like to not have to build on something floating.

I wonder why there still isn't a good one out.
You'd think after the terrains were removed, people would be craving it like heroin.

Anyway, like I have posted on a different thread.
Instead of randomly generating terrain it could use a stand alone program that creates Blockland save files.
Something like world painter from Minecraft:
Yogscast Sjins video

It would be perfect to create the exact world you want for your server.
As long as it would use as big bricks where possible and not add redundant bricks, to keep the brickcount low.