Water Waves

Author Topic: Water Waves  (Read 9775 times)

/commands are a mess. Your not the only one Mr.

They're loving messy, I have a tab filled with more than 50 commands that I use when building/editing things on Blockland and its tedious.
This isn't 2003 people, come on.  
The alternative is creating a custom GUI, which either requires using another /command (but only one) or a keybind, which is even harder to remember because you can't make it intuitive like /waves, and eventually you run out of convenient ones to use. They also pose the obvious problem of requiring that the admin attempting to use them has the add-on as well. Of course, you could retain the regular commands.

I might look into creating a GUI because I recognize that it fits better for something that requires so much adjusting such as this, and that /commands are archaic, but for now this'll do.

Well, replying to what I said above: I just looking into editing the environmental GUI and it's not easy like you said.
Using /commands is the best and easiest way to present this mod.

Sorry for being an ass about it...
It's fine, and as I said, I recognize that GUIs are easier to use and adjust than /commands, which are fairly archaic-feeling. It's just a problem of implementation.

It's actually really easy if you know what you're doing...
I happen to not know what I'm doing lol
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:38:07 PM by TristanLuigi »

does this just raise the environmental water or actually create a ripple

does this just raise the environmental water or actually create a ripple
Raise I believe

Still cool tho

really cool but does not work good with strat's speedboat

can someone make a video

really cool but does not work good with strat's speedboat

strat's speedboat never worked well.  I wouldn't count its dysfunction as a failure of this addon.

I believe fully that presenting a mod that relies on /commands to operate is one of the strongest ways to imply mediocrity. Cause in point: mods using /commands feel incomplete and unoptimized. I wish people got into making/adding onto default GUI menus.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this. I am just more vocal about it.
I agree.
I forget things unusually faster than other people, which means I depend on GUI's that stay open such as some game that shall remain faceless.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:12:42 PM by cHeEsEpIzZa2 »

I believe fully that presenting a mod that relies on /commands to operate is one of the strongest ways to imply mediocrity. Cause in point: mods using /commands feel incomplete and unoptimized. I wish people got into making/adding onto default GUI menus.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this. I am just more vocal about it.
thisssss

Not what i expected but still cool.