BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]

Author Topic: BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]  (Read 34406 times)

Nice, but the notifications look too similar to RTB notifications, hopefully they get changed to something much more different.

Nice, but the notifications look too similar to RTB notifications, hopefully they get changed to something much more different.
i kinda really wanted that style. i could make it more square or bigger

Sorry guys, development for BRV is going to be slow for a while (like it already is).

We are gonna continue once Pah comes back, which may be the end of March, not exactly sure. Perhaps by then, development will be more fast paced.

Feel free to ask any questions relating to BRV, I'll try to answer them..

i kinda really wanted that style. i could make it more square or bigger
I had an idea of making them like a ticker board where its a rectangle that text scrolls left to right in.
Maybe a pref for type?

Sorry guys, development for BRV is going to be slow for a while (like it already is).

We are gonna continue once Pah comes back, which may be the end of March, not exactly sure. Perhaps by then, development will be more fast paced.

Feel free to ask any questions relating to BRV, I'll try to answer them..
how come although you're working on it you have to slow it down because pah is not here?

how come although you're working on it you have to slow it down because pah is not here?
Coding actually takes a long time and a lot of thought process. Also, when you're working on a project that includes aesthetics, after a while you become blind to faults that would be obvious to a bystander.

Coding actually takes a long time and a lot of thought process. Also, when you're working on a project that includes aesthetics, after a while you become blind to faults that would be obvious to a bystander.

Coding doesn't really take a lot of time, it's more like dreaming. The hard part is usually falling asleep.

Coding doesn't really take a lot of time, it's more like dreaming. The hard part is usually falling asleep.
Wow that's deep man.

I had an idea of making them like a ticker board where its a rectangle that text scrolls left to right in.
Maybe a pref for type?
I'm not fully understanding your idea. Could you maybe explain a little more?

Since pah is the creator of this project, I believe that more stuff that I would implement should at least be ran through pah. You are probably thinking that I should be independant, but its hard for one man to think of an entire system off the top of his head without any backup brains.

Not only that, but a lot of features that will be implemented, will have to talk to a web server. I would like to talk to pah about what kind of server we would get.

I haven't spoken to pah since March 1st, but I don't blame him, he has been sorting out things in his life. I believe that someones life should be more important than having to work on a large project for a video game.

What I meant by scrolling ticker notification is the message pops up and text scrolls left to right like a LED Ticker board.

Here is an example of the scrolling text : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZCfOa8Tf0

Edit : Bug found - Overlay sometimes disables the Escape key until the overlay is opened and closed again.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 01:42:46 AM by ZERØ »

Oh, are Wipro stocks really that valuable now?

On a more important note, when loading in BRV, the keybind isn't set. After doing BRV_ToggleDLG(); in console, preferences shows nothing under keybind set and the button Mod Manager returns that the function BRV_Overlay_ModManager function does not exist.
Pageloss?

Oh, are Wipro stocks really that valuable now?
Pageloss?
You can still open it by hitting the insert key on the keyboard, I think the bug is going to be fixed soon.

On a more important note, when loading in BRV, the keybind isn't set. After doing BRV_ToggleDLG(); in console, preferences shows nothing under keybind set and the button Mod Manager returns that the function BRV_Overlay_ModManager function does not exist.

There are no preferences for ToggleDLG, yet. Its statically set to the insert key. But on Macs, its not possible to open the overlay since there is no insert key, which is why I'll fix that in the next update (support custom keybinds).

Also, BRV_Overlay_ModManager does not exist because it hasn't been made yet.

What I meant by scrolling ticker notification is the message pops up and text scrolls left to right like a LED Ticker board.

Here is an example of the scrolling text : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZCfOa8Tf0

Edit : Bug found - Overlay sometimes disables the Escape key until the overlay is opened and closed again.

I see what you mean, but moving text may be hard to read or distracting for the player if they are in-game.

Yes, the bug is known. I just haven't rebinded the escape key to the escape menu after you close the overlay.

I skimmed through and saw something about GUI downloading.

A year or two back, I had a fully functioning GUI download system that got zero attention. I haven't read through this thread too thoroughly, but I thought I'd drop this anyway. All the code is still archived on GitHub, so feel free to take a look at it and take what you'd like, the project is long gone.

All of the security has been checked over and tested by me and a few other people working on the project at the time (Nullable/DC4F and Greek2Me (a little) if I recall correctly) and it was looked at by some other people. The system was pretty fleshed out and didn't need a TON of work to make normal GUIs work and function, but in hindsight it probably could've been stream-lined a bit.. It also had support for implementing HUD elements, but I didn't do enough experimenting and implementation of them to declare them fully functional.

I don't quite recall where I left the project off, but looking through the GitHub repo, I have a "BLG2" branch that had a few release candidates but doesn't appear to have ever released. I'm not sure if much changed between that branch and the one I linked to above.

Best of luck.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:26:19 PM by Scout31 »