BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]

Author Topic: BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]  (Read 34400 times)

Yep. Another currently-working GUI download system is called BlocklandPlus. It's the only one that I've actually seen used.

Blockland Revised is cancelled, sorry for getting all of your hopes up.
I've been having too many issues and not enough time to work on this.
Perhaps some time in the future it'll be picked back up, who knows.
If you have any questions, send me a PM on the forums or steam, I'll likely respond faster via steam however.

Wow only two people noticed this.
is BLV really cancelled? it's april first and I want to make sure

My favourite reaction has to be this one though.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:31:09 AM by Pah1023 »

I nearly scattered me breeches, but then remembered it was April 1.

i was about to rip your throat out on steam, but in the end, i was like "maybe its a joke... april fools?"

good thing i didn't!

I have failed.

I was hopelessly fooled.

Oh my god I did notfelt for it

felled*
Yes. "I did not felled for it.". That totally makes sense. Even "I felled for it." doesn't make sense.

Anyways. How is progress on this going?

Anyways. How is progress on this going?
I've decided to clean up the server code a bit, and looked over it all to see any issues.
 I'll try to get the code onto github by tonight.
Right now my priority is to get the chat and possibly an updating system working for the server.

When we get bored on titanpad:

Yes. "I did not felled for it.". That totally makes sense. Even "I felled for it." doesn't make sense.
i was joking :(

I skimmed through and saw something about GUI downloading.

A year or two back, I had a fully functioning GUI download system that got zero attention. I haven't read through this thread too thoroughly, but I thought I'd drop this anyway. All the code is still archived on GitHub, so feel free to take a look at it and take what you'd like, the project is long gone.

All of the security has been checked over and tested by me and a few other people working on the project at the time (Nullable/DC4F and Greek2Me (a little) if I recall correctly) and it was looked at by some other people. The system was pretty fleshed out and didn't need a TON of work to make normal GUIs work and function, but in hindsight it probably could've been stream-lined a bit.. It also had support for implementing HUD elements, but I didn't do enough experimenting and implementation of them to declare them fully functional.

I don't quite recall where I left the project off, but looking through the GitHub repo, I have a "BLG2" branch that had a few release candidates but doesn't appear to have ever released. I'm not sure if much changed between that branch and the one I linked to above.

Best of luck.
Holly hell, well if this can function fine in BRV I think it would make a great addition.