BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]

Author Topic: BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]  (Read 34408 times)

Looks good. I hope it goes well.

bump
don't let this die m8

it aint died.

PAH GET A VPS :-)

You know something that may be needed is a colorset loader, I hope we may have not forgotten Blockland doesn't have one by default.

We should see other functions could be added to increase usefulness even further.
Hmm...how about shader switching integration?Or the ability to load other shaders?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 11:37:01 PM by Maxxi »

I'm going to dump my suggestion here for server ticker notifications as well:
Only since I see it as a much better option to possibly have it integrated into BRV.

As of 6/2/15 this is now a suggestion for BRV features, locked.

Basically we have all sort of ways to announce server information :Bottom Prints, Chat text, Center Messages.

But there is one issue with those, you are limited in space of information.

So here is my idea : A ticker board that shows up when you announce things and repeats it once or twice. Here is a video if your unfamiliar with ticker boards : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZCfOa8Tf0

The ticker would show up from the top of the screen down, with a transparent black bg and white text much like what you would see in the start a game gui, your message could be short or long and you would have an option of the ammount of times the message would repeat (defaults should be once or twice)

Text size would also be a preference, or overall size as well, if you want it as a steam notification style or to take up an entire like at the top of the screen would be a option.

I have a few examples here:
[CHECK ORIGINAL THREAD FOR IMAGES]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:27:48 PM by ZERØ »

BUMP AGAIN PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE

BUMP AGAIN PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE

We don't have much that we can update until around the end of the year.

Around that time, the website will be up, as well as a few other things. (Chat server, other server, etc server)

Looking for Dev Team

Okay, so we are looking for a few volunteers to help develop BRV with us. As Pah is going to be too busy for a while, I cannot do this alone. I will need around 3-4 people to volunteer with either developing the website or client. But keep in mind you have to know what you're doing, otherwise it would all just collapse.

I think it would be wise to have a team with us, so then we can finish BRV faster than its regular slow development.

Here are some applications if you would like to help with Blockland Revised. If you think you can do more than one job, then feel free to fill in more than one form out. Applications will be judged on both your skill-sets and your reputation in the community. But please make sure that you are capable to working with several people on this project, and be aware that there will be rough times ahead. Keep in mind that I am also helping with the project.

All of the jobs are sorted out from most needed to least needed.

Please post what you want to help with, and then feel free to add anything on what you have done / contributed in this community that relate to the skills required.

General Scripter

Your job is to help program the BRV Client add-on, whether its implementing new features that we decide are needed, or just fixing things.

Required beforehand:
  • Intermediate / Expert Torquescript knowledge
  • Can write neat code that is readable by other people
  • Can solve problems if encountering one.

Web Developer / Designer

Your job is to program the BRV website and add features to it. Things like: user accounts, add-on uploading / downloading, etc. Feel free to use a framework like CodeIgniter to make life easier.

Required Web Developer skills beforehand:
  • Intermediate / Expert Php & MySQL knowledge
  • Can write neat code that is readable by other people.
  • Can create a simple API for client / website communication

Your job is to design an aesthetically pleasing website that can also be used with the Web Designers code. Feel free to take advantage of Bootstrap, or any other framework.

Required Web Designer skills beforehand:
  • Intermediate / Expert HTML, CSS, Javascript knowledge

GUI Scripter

Your job is to help script GUI's for the BRV Client, and use the resources provided by the Theme Designer.

Required beforehand:
  • Intermediate Torquescript knowledge
  • Knowledge of Torquescript GUI's
  • Create an interface that can be integrated with other scripts.

Theme Designer

Your job is to help design a better theme. Stuff like buttons, resource images, etc. They will all be used with the GUI Scripter.

Required beforehand:
  • Intermediate Torquescript knowledge
  • Has artistic skills that can be used to create a theme that is pleasing to the eye

Server-Sided Scripter

Your job is to write server scripts for our later-to-be-bought Linode server. Scripts can be ranged from chat servers, to simple authentication scripts. Most of these would be tied in with Php.

Required beforehand:
  • Intermediate / Expert Python knowledge
  • Knowledge of general TCP networking & API's.

Since most of you (and I) are really busy / amateur programmers / have lives, don't expect yourself to get things done extremely fast or working, 24/7. Even with a team, this still takes a lot of time.

As we do not have a server / web host, we will be using Gitlab as our development foundation for now. I will also create a skype group (no video / microphone required, just text chat), so we can all easily communicate and discuss certain things we need to develop (or just talk / release a bunch of steam :).

If you guys really want to volunteer and help with this project, then I will gather our team by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 04:10:37 PM by Honno »

I have expert torquescript knowledge and can help with the client scripting