BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]

Author Topic: BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]  (Read 34354 times)

It's not about faith, it's about the whole "everytime someone tries to replace rtb abandons it's project later" thing, it happened with BAM, Blockland Pitstop and some others that I forgot the name.

But yeah, we really need a RTB replacement and I've got my hopes on you
[color=transparent]Just kidding of course.[/color]
I was just joking, I understand. I would feel the same way if it wasn't myself doing it.

looking forward to this

About finished with the settings GUI.
Just need to touch up the Themes section and figure out what should go into the Overlay section.
Also need to add an apply button. Can't forget that.

Next on my to-do list will be possibly a chat system.
The first release will be an IRC chat server, but I'm going to replace it with a server sort of like RTB's connect.
I already tried once with Python and it worked decently, I imagine if I continue I can finish it.

I'll also might have it use Greek2me's Support_Updater at first until I get a VPS & Domain ( Which may or may not be in a week or two ).
That is, if I finish it before I get one.

I really hope this will have a website to manage and download addons like RTB had

This sounds pretty cool!
I hope this gets made, its a really neat idea.

I really hope this will have a website to manage and download addons like RTB had
I plan on it.

Beta Release soon
I decided after I make the IRC client I'll give out the mod to a few people to test out and spot any bugs.
Currently all that'll be available in the beta release is the Overlay and IRC client.
The rest will be available in part two of the beta and then I'll accept some more users.

To apply for beta, just drop me a PM with the following information filled out.
(or optionally reply if you have had your PM privileges revoked)
Code: [Select]
In-game User-name:
In-game Blockland ID:
Torque Knowledge: [None / Moderate / Expert]
Released Mods:

Reason as to why you want to beta test:

Contact Methods: Steam, Skype, etc.
References / People who would vouch for you:
There will be a total of 10 slots available, and the who are accepted will be announced when all slots are filled.
You'll need to have some experience in Torque in order to be accepted.
Don't be discourage by the torque knowledge requirement.
You can still apply with no knowledge in torque.

Slots filled: 6/10

I'd expect within the next two to three days the IRC client will be finished
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:39:07 PM by Pah1023 »

IGN: Zedrow
BLID: 46998
Torque Knowledge: Would have to say none.
Released mods: Zedrow's Faces

Why I want to beta test: To see if there are any bugs or if anything should be taken out/added in.
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/zedrow (should be)
References: Don't know..

In-game User-name: Visolator
In-game Blockland ID: 20490
Torque Knowledge: Moderate
Released Mods: Uhh many
+ Made a bunch of example scripts
+ New health mod, sound command script, resource codes

Help find and patch any bugs, most of the time there are people who can't find all the patches by themselves.

Contact Methods: Visolator for both Skype and Steam.
References / People who would vouch for you: I'm sure people can vouch for me
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:53:41 PM by Advanced Bot »

In-game User-name: Port
In-game Blockland ID: 8788 / 46342
Torque Knowledge: Everything
Released Mods: Dozens of complex gamemodes, many miscellaneous support/library scripts, general game feature altering mods, 5+ weapon packs and a lot more

Reason as to why you want to beta test: To provide assistance and constructive criticism on concepts, implementation details and execution, as well as design.

Contact Methods: XMPP, Steam, Skype
References / People who would vouch for you: Presumably many purple if I were to actually ask around

Released Mods:
Uh, i made a few models for people and mostly support scripts for myself like fast execute etc. I guess I've been sort of scared to release anything afraid of it being too unoriginal.

In-game Blockland ID:

Torque Knowledge: [None / Moderate / Expert]
I'd say a bit below moderate. I definitely know how making things works and have first-hand experience in scripting in TS and also have knowledge in subjects like JQuery, Javascript and HTML. When reporting bugs I would definitely be able to give an accurate and to-the-point description of the error.

This seems like a mod that could potentially help the player-base a lot and be a viable replacement for RTB. I would like to help it expand, grow and help get it done. The best way for me to achieve that as i see it, is to help find and report various bugs I will find considering how new and large this mod is and how much i play Blockland regularly.

Contact Methods: Steam, Skype, etc.
DanielS21 on steam, PM me for Skype details as i would like to keep my Skype contact on a less-known status.

References / People who would vouch for you:
I'm sure there are some as i have met a lot of people and made a lot of friends who would vouch if i were to ask them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:36:39 AM by Dannu »

Okay, sorry for all those edits. I'm done bumping this now.

Okay, sorry for all those edits. I'm done bumping this now.

I'm probably the only person that noticed them all.

Was it funny to watch?

Wow, it looks amazing, but you should remove the bevels in the gui, it kind of clashes.