BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]

Author Topic: BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]  (Read 34363 times)

In-game User-name: Alkatjo
In-game Blockland ID: 17532
Torque Knowledge: Somewhat, used for quick edits.
Released Mods: I did a couple models for a guy named -1Up. As well as simple edits for a weapon pack for another user.

Reason as to why you want to beta test: To help further development on this client.

Contact Methods: Steam: Alkatjo. Skype: Alkatjo.
References / People who would vouch for you: Jitank, -1Up, Rapscallion, (if he's still active) Fritzy.

In-game User-name: Aeuri
In-game Blockland ID: 37478
Torque Knowledge: Moderate
Released Mods: None, but I occasionally make some for my brother.
Reason as to why you want to beta test: I believe this has BIG potential and I want to see it grow. I'm hoping I can report some bugs that can be fixed so this add-on can be perfect.
Contact Methods: Steam, my name is: pass012
References / People who would vouch for you: Nobody...

Any plans on telling people if they did/did not get a slot?

Wow, it looks amazing, but you should remove the bevels in the gui, it kind of clashes.
Pageloss

In-game User-name: Wrapperup
In-game Blockland ID: 13308
Torque Knowledge: Expert
Released Mods: Just some simple mods and events. (Most of my crazy stuff is private (for now))
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=268080.0

Reason as to why you want to beta test: I was working on a mod simmilar to this called BASE. I want to put any kind of knowledge of that into this mod, to keep a Unified Blockland mod experience. I know many things in torque, from simple things as events to networking with Node.js and PHP, using TCP objects (reference: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=266903.0).

I would like to help in any way I can. I would also like to work on any UI for the mod, infact, here is an example GUI from BASE.

Back over to the server side, I also made a TCP Chat server made in node.js, which allowed for proper authing with the master server's auth, and it also had proper administrative powers and lists. I would definitly like to see stuff like this in this mod.

I want to see more features in this instead of the generic RTB copy-cat you always see, such as the ones listed in op. I want to see creative ideas placed into this add-on, with the help of teasters and what not.

With a mod on such a large scale, it can be easy to see why you need testers. A quick question
is are you going to allow us to implement features to allow the mod to flurish quicker? It would be a big help to just one man making a mod.

We had some progress on the support side, UI side, and server side. But my team and I have gotten lazy. I would love to work on a large scale project again, and this could be it. I hope you allow me to be a beta tester.

Contact Methods: Steam, Skype, etc. Wrapperup (Steam and skype (You have me added already I think)
References / People who would vouch for you: I could probably ask a few people, I'm certain they can vouch for me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:17:13 PM by Wrapperup »

In-game User-name: Azer
In-game Blockland ID: 11837
Torque Knowledge: Very Little
Released Mods: A couple of old Prints, Metro UI V1
Reason as to why you want to beta test: I believe this to be more than RTB instead of a replacement, I would like to contribute with ideal suggestions, a starter theme for BRV and find any bugs of issues, and overall as I stated give suggestion based on usage to make sure others get the ideal experience from BRV.
Contact Methods: Feel free to PM me or Add me on Steam, the link is in my profile account.
References / People who would vouch for you:At the moment I don't really know, but I did work with Eposs a bit when making UI mods for Blockland, and I showed Greek2Me a picture of my upcoming FLAT UI Mod.

Here are Examples of my UI Skinning work:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:53:48 PM by ZERØ »

That's awesome. Happen to have the images for those buttons and windows?

That's awesome. Happen to have the images for those buttons and windows?

I have all of the ui, scripts, and other stuff.

edit: uhh maybe should have pm'd this too
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:28:46 PM by otto-san »

I have all of the ui, scripts, and other stuff.
mind uploading the buttons and windows? I'd love to replace my ugly UI with that.

I guess i'll apply.....

Released Mods:
elmshouse.weebly.com

In-game Blockland ID:

Torque Knowledge: [None / Moderate / Expert]
Expert.

Reason as to why you want to beta test:
Help find any bugs and give suggestions/tweak the current system you've implemented.

Contact Methods: Steam, Skype, etc.
elmling on steam but i hardly go on, best to reach me on the forums.

References / People who would vouch for you:
None.

Any plans on telling people if they did/did not get a slot?
Yes, I will once every slot is filled.
Which happens to be now.
Those who have been accepted
Ipqµarx
ottosparks
Visolator
Blake1
Port
Dannu
Alkatjo
Wrapperup
Azer
elm
Sorry to everyone I had to decline, you'll be first up in the next beta testing stage.

I'll send you an invite on Steam (or Skype if you didn't have one).
I'll also PM a link to download the mod the second I get the IRC finished.

Also about the IRC, I haven't been able to get any work on it since I've been in bed sick with a chest cold the past couple of days.
And when I finally felt good enough to do something I realized I had left my mouse on and the battery died out on me, so I can barely click on anything right now.
I'll try to work on it tonight or tomorrow morning

With a mod on such a large scale, it can be easy to see why you need testers. A quick question
is are you going to allow us to implement features to allow the mod to flurish quicker? It would be a big help to just one man making a mod.

Ofcourse, it'd be plain crazy to try and take on all of the mod myself.
If you would like to help just reply, or tell me directly.

i'm ready for anything dad throw it at me

Finished the IRC Gui tonight, will work on the code tomorrow.
Once the code is done it should be ready for the beta release.
I'll either send it by a forum PM or Steam, it'll also be available from the steam group discussion page.

Jeez guys.

BAM's still going. We're literally working on it right now.
Everyone who was on the dev team before has ceased contact so it's literally just me and Port, but it's going