Author Topic: Anti-Crash Patch Source Code & A Brief brown townysis  (Read 8341 times)

Any dll injection program is going to fall into that detection category. If you're not comfortable with using that kind of software, you could alternatively get a BlockNet server, which comes deployed automatically with the patch you need installed.

the code's already there, i would be totally okay if badspot just shoved this code into blockland and released it as an update, 0% effort

and yeah something like this is kinda top priority, i'd rather blockland be updated with this than wait for this code to be released with that hat update

the code's already there, i would be totally okay if badspot just shoved this code into blockland and released it as an update, 0% effort

and yeah something like this is kinda top priority, i'd rather blockland be updated with this than wait for this code to be released with that hat update
Exactly this, but I have more faith in Baddy than that. I hope he does the right thing and makes a bold move soon. We would all like to see Blockland recover from this recent run of horrible events. BL is by far my favourite game, and I hate the fact that it's recently been ruined by DDoSing and Server Crashing D:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 07:00:16 AM by Goth77 »

The antidote.dll is a band-aid fix, make no mistake. The exploit still persists and making a chip-off dll hack that the antidote.dll isn't functional against shouldn't be significantly difficult.
Badspot needs to fix the exploit within itself.

The exploit still persists and making a chip-off dll hack that the antidote.dll isn't functional against shouldn't be significantly difficult.
Badspot needs to fix the exploit within itself.
This is a fix for the exploit (albeit an inconvenient one)
An official fix would modify the same function in the same way, just through direct source code editting instead of dll injection
A new crash hack would need to find a new exploit

The exploit still persists and making a chip-off dll hack that the antidote.dll isn't functional against shouldn't be significantly difficult.
Actually it would, because you'd need to find an entirely new exploit. This code is a fix for the exploit, with it running the DLL crash hack cannot hurt your server, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Coming from computermix himself, from when i spoke with him.
"There IS more than one way to do something"
I guess it could mean that he knows of a complete different exploit, but it definitely didn't sound like he was just saying it.

Bump, this thing needs to get out to more server hosts.

Can you actually try reading the OP with the explained source code?

Oh what? Im not allowed to have suspicions?
Okay. I'm sorry, Ill stop thinking for you.

Edit: I think you thought that I meant that the source code was iffy, and if thats the case, thats not at all what I was getting at.
The whole thing looks like a "reputation booster". Sort of like causing a problem just to swoop in and be the hero to fix it.
Kind of like the main plot to the Incredibles.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:24:03 PM by Mr.Noßody »

sweet, well I hope this helps my new years server

Bump because apparently servers are getting crashed by a recent forum troll.

I'm worried Blockland might "auto-revoke" me if I try to add the anti-hack, Has this happened to anyone?

(I run a dedicated server)

I'm worried Blockland might "auto-revoke" me if I try to add the anti-hack, Has this happened to anyone?

(I run a dedicated server)
I understand the concern, but that would never happen! You're not going to get revoked for trying to protect your server from crashers, you're perfectly fine.

There's no way that the game even implements a method of detecting and reporting dll injection. If it did, it would be used against the people using the hack dll