Author Topic: What I've learned from hosting a CityRPG for less than 24 hours.  (Read 2519 times)

An edited version of /ty's.
His has over 40 backdoors in it last time I checked, I seriously do not recommend using it.

An edited version of /ty's.

Are you willing to give me a dl link? Because I'd love to modify it and turn it into a special kind of city rpg

If you didn't want people to go so high then add a roof, a kill roof at that.

Make more diverse city with different districts so 45 people aren't crowding one spawn killing each other.

Delete your food stand that's right next to bank so others can profit on food.

Make getting caught as a criminal worse - losing money, longer sentence.

Just trying to suggest, I was having fun building.

I spent so long on my build for nothing :(

RIP Shazoo's shop 1/11/15 - 1/11/15

I spent so long on my build for nothing :(

RIP Shazoo's shop 1/11/15 - 1/11/15

I still have the save. You can have it if you'd like.

I still have the save. You can have it if you'd like.
I don't have many of the bricks I used to build it, so it'll be a waste

Well, lots of us are willing to lend you a hand when it comes to working on something; never a need to shut everything down. One step at a time. One problem at a time.

If you didn't want people to go so high then add a roof, a kill roof at that.

Make more diverse city with different districts so 45 people aren't crowding one spawn killing each other.

Delete your food stand that's right next to bank so others can profit on food.

Make getting caught as a criminal worse - losing money, longer sentence.

Just trying to suggest, I was having fun building.

I do believe in Owen's server you had to be arrested to get any experience as a criminal. Or so I've been told. So in a sense criminals want to get jailed more in order to get any xp.

There's still too much grinding and easily exploitable things, additionally nobody wants to be any other job other than a police officer, or a job that makes them a better criminal. For example, education branches were added, they provides no real change to the game and simply makes people grind more-- which isn't fun and it's stupid.

Along with that, you had experience which was a total joke to get, as a criminal I found that I could easily pickpocket someone, and get jailed, and get more experience. Additionally, cops would benefit with experience too, so boosting is totally possible and I did it myself to earn some money to rank up in my criminal job.

Once I managed to get enough money and a high enough rank, my pay doubled or tripled in certain cases because of the completely handicapped economy system that makes absolutely no sense. Giving the government money does not mean the economy is going to be greater! But anyways, I went on to team up with someone who was an ex-cop, build myself a lot, and quickly started producing drugs that allowed me to educate faster, and produce thousands within a tick without anyones notice.

Then the server crashed. I had a good time, but your server was broken as hell. For example, I spawned any gun I wanted in my own building, and could easily go out and kill people need be. The reset command didn't work and would simply respawn the player, which could be easily abused if a player was running around with $50 (the price to use the reset command) on hand and being chased by cops. I'm sure there is more, but I didn't get to it (neither did I want to).

To be totally honest as well, the build was not very good, you can't tell where to go/what to do, and the admins stopped responding at around forty players. I'm glad that you're going to create a deathmatch, Blockland needs more of those, not modified garbage.

there was this one cop that rode in a vehicle with a criminal

didnt even jail him

lol you're running a 7 year old mod that's been touched by at least a dozen fifteen year olds.

people's main problem with modding cityrpg was adding dumb stuff that didn't do anything. just because you can script an exp system doesn't mean its fun. like what does exp add.

at core cityrpg was a stuffty boring mod. roleplay is what made its fun. developing is what made it fun. people who run cityrpgs now just want to be a godking in their imaginary world. look at that /ty prick. napoleon complex motherforgeters lol

also idk what the two-wand thing has to do with cityrpg. just package the wand's on ray cast collision method and bail out if it connects with a player / vehicle / etc.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:05:11 PM by Iban Galaxy s5 »

I honestly thin if you're going to run a server you have to take cops out of the script, or at least have criminal records wear off after a few days

the cop system is just too broken

I honestly thin if you're going to run a server you have to take cops out of the script, or at least have criminal records wear off after a few days

This, I'd say one major problem is the extended range on that baton...

Or just follow these guidelines
Make it so every job spawns with a shotgun, even the laborers.
Make it so whenever a cop jails a criminal, that cop gets instantly banned from the server for spawncamping.
Enable the old duplicator so criminals can plant infinite amounts of drug bricks and make millions of dollars.
When a criminal reincarnates, make them spawn with jets so they never get jailed.
Don't remove any of the abusive events like RadiusImpulse or SetVelocity
Make sure to add in VCE so players can get infinite health and spawn any weapon for free.
Add anywhere from 30-40 backdoors in your mod just incase.
Set the max playercount to 64 so it starts lagging if too many players are on it.
And lastly, make it so if an admin goes more than 10 minutes without granting money they get automatically de-admined.

Out of all the CityRP's I've played in the last few years I can tell you that if you add everything mentioned above you will have the best CityRP on the serverlist.