Poll

Something that is undead

revive
2 (50%)
die
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: FTL: Redshirt Edition (Rage quit)  (Read 2661 times)

FTL:Redshirt Edition

What is this?

I'm playing FTL:Faster Than Light and I need YOU to give me names for disposable, easily killed crew members!

General game info
Quote from: Tv Tropes
The player controls the crew of a lone spaceship affiliated with The Federation, which is currently on the losing end of a massive rebellion. The objective is to deliver important information to the remains of the Federation fleet in a distant sector. Unfortunately, as those familiar with Roguelikes will suspect, this is far, FAR from easy: the galaxy is an extremely dangerous place for a lone vessel, filled with dangers such as pirates, deadly environmental hazards, rebel scouts, hostile alien races, and others. Not to mention that the vast rebel fleet is in hot pursuit...

FTL has Roguelike elements (Permadeath, starting over when you lose, etc). The player is a member of the Federation, and the Rebels are human supremacists who want to destroy the Federation and oppose aliens. These rebels are not heroic ones. Random events are everywhere, ranging from hostile pirates and rebels to finding a weapon floating around in space, or even giant alien spiders.

Your job is to jump from beacon to beacon untill you can get to the next sector. Sector 8 contains the Final Boss, which is the Rebel Flagship. Destroy that to win. FTL also has upgrading your ship with scrap, random merchants, multiple races such as humans to mantises to crystals, and more.

Possible Ship Layouts (Please note that once the game actually gets going some of this will be changed with a save editor to be.... less overpowered for the early game and more punishing.)

Why am I using only these three ships out of all the other varieties? These ships have a 4-Man Teleporter.

This is a 4-Man teleporter ideal for zerg rushes and mass droves of redshirts dying.

This is a 2-Man teleporter.

These are all the Races in the game.

Submitting redshirts Recruits
Multiple submissions allowed!
Name:
Preferred Race: Human/Engi/Mantis/Rock/Zoltan/Slug/Lanius
Preferred Gender(Humans only): Male/Female
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:53:43 AM by tber123 »

ROUND 1: Crystal B vs the worldforget it.

Multiple submissions allowed!
Recruits to add:

Active Crewmembers
Nobody. Everyone died.

The Memorial (Name/Cause of death+My comments on it):
Everyone. Notable deaths include accidentally being teleported onto a enemy ship, dying in the process of fixing a hull breach, and exploding at the exact same time the Flagship explodes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:48:05 AM by tber123 »

One more recruit/redshirt, and then we can start.

I should probably ask this before you start: Have you ever beaten this game? Like, ever?

I should probably ask this before you start: Have you ever beaten this game? Like, ever?
Noting that he has a diamond rock ship whatever you call it, yes, he probably has beat the game before.

Yes.

One more recruit needed. Multiple submissions allowed.

name it pogo the sad clown
also you've been making a few "play with me" games lately

Progress/Replies are slow for those, especially Fallout 2. I could go 3 days before seeing a reply, which means 3-4 posts in a row(over the course of a day or two) without anything inbetween.

ass mcdougal
scrunt cumfist
scud missile

I forgot to change the 3 starting Crystal crewmates into something less OP. Crap.

Our grand journey starts! We jump from left to right on the map to avoid the incoming wall of doom/Rebel Fleet.

Lets jump to a beacon, shall we?

This quest is too far away. By the time we get there, the Rebels will have caught up with us and killed us.

Crystal B has no weapons, and it relies on boarding and cloaking.

This is why Crystals are OP. They can lock down a room and....... Mow people down.

Quick note: I filled in the other slots with disposable, generic crewmates who only exist to die horribly. They have been named "Redshirt."

Pirates attack.

The ship takes damage, but the Engi repairs it. These pirates are defeated, and we soon encounter another one a few jumps later.

One of the Redshirts is killed by Mantises.

Active Crewmembers
Talia (Crystal)
Lee Hanson (Crystal)
Ass Mcdougal (Crystal)
scrunt cumfist (Human)
scud missile (Human)
Steven (Engi) Can be renamed, not a forum submitted recruit
Kusy (Rockman) Can be renamed
Redshirt 2 (Human) Generic human crewmates to fill in empty spaces with a casualty rate of 100%

The Memorial (Name/Cause of death/My comments on it):
Redshirt #3 (Human) Kicked off the ship and suffocated in space. Make room for Steven, damn it. Hes a Engi.
Redshirt #1 (Human) Throat torn out by Mantis claws.

Tonight's screenshots don't really show off much of the game, and kinda skip a lot. Greenshot and Steam screenshots are in separate locations, so putting them in order gets.... Tricky.

Should I do a video or something?

Do a video for each section, but instead of showing everything you do, maybe try and cut a lot out.