Author Topic: Using Old Versions of Blockland [INFO]  (Read 6333 times)

How would I go about installing this?

Guys pm me if you wanna play v20 together

How would I go about installing this?
Download Port's v20 and extract the blockland-20-master folder anywhere. Then launch run.bat to play. It'll fetch servers from Port's v20 master server, so usually nothing will appear in the server list.

You have to use a non-steam blockland key to be able to play on the full version of an old blockland version.

I would like it if there were a way of using the steam key with it but that probably requires magic.

If you have steam, you could use a dummy key.  The game recognizes it as valid, but it acts like a banned key and won't let you online.  So you can use add-ons but- only in singleplayer/lan mode.
Then I guess you could use tunneling software such as hamachi or evolve to connect with your friends over virtual lan.  So you have some sort of online functionality. But that's alot of work.

I don't know where you could get a key like that, but it certainly wouldn't be publicly available on the forums.

I should test that to see if it works.  It would be comforting to know I can use BL even if the authentication server goes down.