Badspot should add Button "like" on this BL Forum for Facebook -Suggestion

Author Topic: Badspot should add Button "like" on this BL Forum for Facebook -Suggestion  (Read 2886 times)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:42:37 PM by Furling² »

Uh, yeah, prolly not.
This isn't Facebook and I like it that way.

Uh, yeah, prolly not.
This isn't Facebook and I like it that way.
What if you made some of your add-ons, then I would click "like" on your coolest add-ons.

Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe
But no really this is a bad idea

What if you made some of your add-ons, then I would click "like" on your coolest add-ons.
Or if you really like an add-on you can just not be a lazy bum and actually give them constructive feedback by telling them how much you like it and why

Id rather get direct feedback, its more useful than a number on a like bar.
If you like an addon, comment about it and voice your opinions or concerns about it.

The 2-option system is way too unspecific. An idea that has potential maybe is that you can rate an add-on in a 10-ball system when you comment on a post and then you could filter add-ons by rating. But then again, this idea would work in larger communities, where the standard users have a chance of overwhelming the potential alts.

Badspot wouldn't implement anything new anyways though soo..

Most of the like buttons and all that only cause trouble.
Especially if it influences things like which topic is presented first in a topic list or something similar.
Then you will probably get the most meme things on top while some really good add-on gets less attention.
Most of the times, something like that would happen, pretty sure.

I don't think that SMF has this capability.

I don't think that SMF has this capability.
the OP linked to not just one, but three SMF mods that do exactly what he's talking about

it would just give people more reasons to drama or people get mad because if people were in an argument i imagine one person would be really mad if the other guy had 20 likes and he had none

it would just give people more reasons to drama or people get mad because if people were in an argument i imagine one person would be really mad if the other guy had 20 likes and he had none

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe for only the OP or something.