Author Topic: 2014 games of the year thread  (Read 1644 times)

If you want to judge  completely on execution/technical aspects, the sure.

That said, the gameplay for Unity isn't bad at all. It's just let down by a lot of technical incompetence.
we can agree that watch dogs was a massive disappointment. the "hacking" was... well, there's a reason it's in quotation marks, and pretty much all of the open world activities were shallow and sub par. over all an uninteresting and deeply flawed game with no redeeming factors at all.

we can agree that watch dogs was a massive disappointment. the "hacking" was... well, there's a reason it's in quotation marks, and pretty much all of the open world activities were shallow and sub par. over all an uninteresting and deeply flawed game with no redeeming factors at all.
I'll agree with that. I should have quoted only Unity.

I'll agree with that. I should have quoted only Unity.
hell, i don't even find the gameplay or premise of unity to be excellent, it's just that it's a sorta unique thing on the market. it's an open world action adventure game set in a crowded french city during a time of social unrest. there's really nothing similar to it (premise wise, not gameplay wise) on the market now.

assasins creed unity? a historical (albeit incredibly inaccurate) open world action adventure game set in revolutionary france? not exactly something that ubiquitous these days, though arguably other games are open world action adventure games with swords and stuff.

watch_dogs? a modern day open world third person shooter game with some laughably shallow hacking mechanics? tons of those.

ill get hate for this but plants vs zombies garden warfare was p good imo

ill get hate for this but plants vs zombies garden warfare was p good imo
Why? It looked pretty fun

This year was pretty meh for me. Next year looks good though.

South park and the stick of truth was pretty good, Didn't finish it though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:22:43 PM by tails »

Super Smash Brothers 3DS/WiiU

Titanfall does not go on worst games you zamboni

2014 was actually a really bad year for games lol... really bad

I'm stuck in the 2006 - 2013 game time

But now that i think about et I guess binding of issac II is pretty fun so far

I'm really enjoying Shadow of Mordor, at least right now.

Obviously Watch Dogs couldn't live up to the hype storm that Ubisoft cultivated in the past few years, but it was an alright game that I finished the main story in. Far Cry 4 is really just Far Cry 3 in a more interesting setting, haven't got a ton of the main story done, but in all honesty I've had fun, (plus it was free with my SSD, so I can't complain too much). Let's see, what else...

Dark Souls 2 has been kicking my ass, but I'd say it's in my top 10 favorite games. The challenge is refreshing. I'm loving in love with Endless Legend, really a loving beautiful and well-made strategy game. Planetary Annihilation is fun as hell, really breathes new life into the rts genre with the idea that you can be attacked from literally any direction, I guess except from underground which is a damn shame. I could play around with its star system editor for an hour or two a day though. :)

Jesus, it's so hard to distinguish between 2013 and '14 in my head. I think that's all I got for now though.

I'm really enjoying Shadow of Mordor, at least right now.
I really wanted to play that. Never got the chance, though.

Destiny was good

Haven't tried FC 4 yet