Author Topic: Running "Blockland.exe -dedicated" in tmux on remote Linux server?  (Read 1825 times)

Is there a list anywhere of all of them?
The only one I know is -dedicated.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:11:00 PM by blueblur121 »

I know there is -nosteam, but not any others

Do -help to see (most) of the supported options

Do -help to see (most) of the supported options
I thought that was the torque default help message.

EDIT: That doesn't even work anyway. I just cd'd into ~\Documents\Blockland and ran "Blockland.exe -help" and it gave me the "Please run the game via BlocklandLauncher.exe" message.

EDIT 2: I also tried it on BlocklandLauncher.exe. It just ran normally.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:58:50 PM by blueblur121 »

-dbgPort <port>
-dbgPassword <password>
-dbgEnable
   Nonfunctional unless you're using a copy of the game compiled with DEBUG defined.

-connect <x.x.x.x:port>
   Automatically connect to the given server.
-log <mode: 0, 1, 2>
   Set the console logging type.
-console
   Enable the console window.
-noConsole
   Disable the console window.

-jSave <journal_name>
-noJournal
-jPlay <journal_name>
-jDebug <journal_name>
   Never tested if it works in Blockland.

-help
   Display the outdated TGE help message.
-dedicated
   Start a dedicated server.
-dedicatedLAN
   Start a dedicated server in LAN mode.
-port <number>
   Attempt to start the server on the given port instead of $Pref::Server::Port.
-gamemode <name>
   Start the server using the given gamemode name (i.e. Foo_Bar for GameMode_Foo_Bar).
-quit
   Close the game after the map loads, if I remember correctly
-dumpCRCs
   ... cache.db?
-loadBLS <filename>
   Load the given savefile on server startup?
-serverName <name>
   Use the given name instead of $Pref::Server::Name.
-maxPlayers <number>
   Use the given player limit instead of $Pref::Server::MaxPlayers.
-trace
   Start in script call trace mode.
+connect_loby <64-bit lobby id>
   Connect to the given Steam lobby (used for "Join Game" through Steam Community).
-steam
   Use Steam authentication.
-nosteam
   Don't use Steam authentication.

Thanks. I'll keep those in a text file.

EDIT: Is there a way to run this without the launcher? I remember being able to do that. I need the dedicated server to run in the same CMD window where blockland.exe was executed.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:07:53 PM by blueblur121 »

I just wrote that list just now. For an always up to date list, open Blockland.exe as ASCII and search for "function parseArgs" to see all the options.

I ran into a problem. Running the command that I ran in the left CMD window opened a new CMD window for the server. Is there a way to get the server to run in the CMD window it was launched from? (the one on the left)

I ran into a problem. Running the command that I ran in the left CMD window opened a new CMD window for the server. Is there a way to get the server to run in the CMD window it was launched from? (the one on the left)

None that I know of on Windows. I'm relatively sure that most backends for `wineconsole` will use the same terminal session, however.
If you on Windows however are running Blockland.exe from Batch or something and want to wait for Blockland to close before continuing, use start /WAIT Blockland.exe ...

None that I know of on Windows. I'm relatively sure that most backends for `wineconsole` will use the same terminal session, however.
If you on Windows however are running Blockland.exe from Batch or something and want to wait for Blockland to close before continuing, use start /WAIT Blockland.exe ...
Can't you read the stdout of the program and launch with -noconsole?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4947043/running-a-c-console-app-inside-a-c-sharp-console-app/4947174#4947174

Yeah you'd have to write an external program, but it should still work.

Can't you read the stdout of the program and launch with -noconsole?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4947043/running-a-c-console-app-inside-a-c-sharp-console-app/4947174#4947174

I was going with the assumption that he was working with the Command Prompt directly ("Running the command that I ran in the left CMD window ...") and not actually implementing a program to do any certain tasks, so I didn't consider doing that an option.

To clarify, I'm trying to run a bat file that launches a blockland server within tmux on a remote server. If i can just get it to not try to open an X window, it will work.

Here's the bat.
Code: [Select]
@echo off

start %~dp0Blockland.exe ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated -noconsole
-noconsole did not work.

Running wine blserver.bat tries to run it in a new window.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:34:33 PM by blueblur121 »

To clarify, I'm trying to run a bat file that launches a blockland server within tmux on a remote server. If i can just get it to not try to open an X window, it will work.

Does it still open an X window with this command?

xvfb-run -a wineconsole --backend=curses Blockland.exe ...

Requires the wine and xvfb packages (and maybe lib32ncurses5 on 64-bit systems, not sure).

I don't want it to open a new window. I don't have an X server running.

I don't want it to open a new window. I don't have an X server running.

So then try what I just posted above.