Poll

For PlayerTitles v2, which title method would you prefer?

[any color title]
16 (66.7%)
any color title
7 (29.2%)
Other (post it!)
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Blake1's (Soon to be) Add-On Dump - OP Updated; Beta later; Poll!  (Read 8047 times)

Hi guys I'd just like to bump this thread and announce I'm working on a server news add-on. I'll be releasing it soon!

Hi guys I'd just like to bump this thread and announce I'm working on a server news add-on. I'll be releasing it soon!
k

added the skelebro no jet version to the op

Also quick question to coders; how do I get a server cmd to create a pref? $Pref::ServerNews1 etc etc, or is there better methods of doing this?

Also quick question to coders; how do I get a server cmd to create a pref? $Pref::ServerNews1 etc etc, or is there better methods of doing this?
What do you mean?
Code: [Select]
function serverCmdDoThis(%client)
{
    $Pref::Server::News1 = "Pig chow";
}

What do you mean?
function serverCmdDoThis(%client)
{
}
Oh I figured it was much more complicated than that. I'm making commands for my server news mod; the command is
/setnews (1-5) (date and news here)

also what's the input for when a player connects?

The function name is GameConnection::OnClientEnterGame(%this)  pretty sure

Dismount how

I'm bumping the topic with a poll cause I want to make new Add-Ons. Which add-on should I make first out of the 3? Feedback and suggestions welcome.

(more info on the 3 options)
Server News
When someone joins they will see recent server news that has been set by Admins. The command for admins would be /setnews (line number 1-5) (date [optional] and news here)

Player Titles
Titles that can be granted to players by Admins. For example a [VIP] tag that has grey brackets with a green V, I, and P in the middle could be given to that player with /title (player name) [\c2VIP\c6]

Global Blacklist
Server connects to a blacklist of trouble users and autobans them if they attempt to join. not the most needed cause there's pecon7's IP Ban (without the global filter) but would be fun to make anyways.

Also I am going to need someone who could help me out, um someone who I can contact them on steam with a function question or something. I'm still very new to this lol
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:33:16 PM by Blake1 »

Sweet guys, thanks for voting. I've begun working on player titles. Hopefully this will be done tonight or tomorrow.

New Add-On [Script_PlayerTitle - Version 1.0.0]
Made Player Titles. See OP for full details.
>DOWNLOAD (1.0.2)<

These are lookin' neato! Keep it up!

EDIT: 1337th post!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:52:11 PM by Derontchi »

These are lookin' neato! Keep it up!

EDIT: 1337th post!
Haha nice, 1337th post in an Add-On topic.

Going to update the OP a bit, make it more snazzy n' stuff.

Okay whipped up Clan Tag Changer, will release a beta download later today after I test it a bit.

Title ideas

<Example>

.:Example:.

{Example}

|Example|

(Example)

//Example\\

\\Example//

<|Example|>

So yeah, these tags are just random ideas that popped into my head, and sorry for the overuse of the word "Example"

Title ideas

<Example>

.:Example:.

{Example}

|Example|

(Example)

//Example\\

\\Example//

<|Example|>

So yeah, these tags are just random ideas that popped into my head, and sorry for the overuse of the word "Example"
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a custom command too for those who want more complex titles.

Also I have a beta version of Server_TagChanger however I haven't been able to test it. Would anyone be willing to check it for me? (I will not release it until I test it, or get a confirm that it works)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:57:52 PM by Blake1 »