Author Topic: BluetoothBoy's Giant Digital Media Thread! Two New TUNES (pg. 5)!  (Read 7566 times)

Hey! So this is a vidya I made as a presentation for a book review for my communications class. I went... a bit overboard with the presentation part (I put over 20 hours of work into it, lol). I actually wish I could've put a bit more time into it, but I was running out - ended up uploading it at 2:30 in the morning of the day I gave it.

Anyway, enjoy, and learn something too I guess? Sorry for the poor audio quality, I don't have a good microphone (I actually recorded these through my headphones, lol).

Drive - A Video About Motivation

i rly like it! just curious, how did everyone react? thats always been interesting to me when i over-do a project, is the reaction it gets from ppl.

i love the video tho! the text transitions where smooth and the animation was enjoyable :)

i rly like it! just curious, how did everyone react? thats always been interesting to me when i over-do a project, is the reaction it gets from ppl.

i love the video tho! the text transitions where smooth and the animation was enjoyable :)
Basically, the video ended, and I was about to start talking to conclude my presentation... And everyone begins applauding. :/

I mean, at least let me finish first, lol. But they really liked it, and that's a big part of why I like this type of work - I like to see it elicit positive emotion/action from people. Anyway, I got 100% on the assignment (even though I didn't complete all the items on the rubric, haha), the the prof said she'd even submit it to the college newsletter (not sure if that has happened or not, though).

Anyway, thanks; to be honest a compliment from you on this sort of stuff means a lot more than it coming from anyone else here because as far as I know, you're the only one who also does this sort of thing.

Basically, the video ended, and I was about to start talking to conclude my presentation... And everyone begins applauding. :/

I mean, at least let me finish first, lol. But they really liked it, and that's a big part of why I like this type of work - I like to see it elicit positive emotion/action from people. Anyway, I got 100% on the assignment (even though I didn't complete all the items on the rubric, haha), the the prof said she'd even submit it to the college newsletter (not sure if that has happened or not, though).

Anyway, thanks; to be honest a compliment from you on this sort of stuff means a lot more than it coming from anyone else here because as far as I know, you're the only one who also does this sort of thing.
very cool! and nice on the teacher considering the college newsletter. thats the kind of publicity i dream of.

but yeah reactions are my favorite part. when i turned in Crimson Turtle, the teacher didnt want to take it at first cause she thought i just went out and bought a kids book about ecosystems

and any time on the compliments. one of the best ways to get better at something is criticism, and hearing what ppl have to say. obviously i dont get criticism for everything i make, so when i see other artists post i try to give word when i can

infact ill elaborate a bit on what i said about the vid earlier, since it wasnt much:
the reason i liked it was simply for the animation. most typography work i see has either two flaws: unnecessarily sharp/fast camera movement, to where you cant even read some of the words, and slow or choppy animation for the words themselves

with typography, i feel its important to keep words moving when they need to. basically what i mean by this is take when a word stops for example: with some videos, the word will simply just come to a complete stop or even stop on a dime, but in yours its a fluent, smooth, paced stop, which helps convey a much more powerful message

thats whats cool about motion typography, even though the words convey most of the message, it doesnt work if the movement doesnt match the situation, so you have to take into account those little details, and i personally think you've got a decent understanding of it

Thanks! Yeah, that sort of thing always annoyed me, so I made sure to keep it readable, yet still entertaining. As I'm sure you noticed toward the end the animation seems to slack off, and that's due to the time crunch I was under/the fact that it was 2:00 in the morning and I had been working on it for nearly 8 hours straight, lol.

Another thing I think amateurs overlook A LOT is animation springiness. Animation is more appealing when you move in the opposite direction slightly first, or bounce back a few times. They use ease in/out at the drop of a hat, and make everything slow and fluid - in other words, unrealistic.

I'd love to see you do a kinetic typography animation. :)

I'd love to see you do a kinetic typography animation. :)
its actually kind of funny. one of the first projects i ever did in after effects was a valentines day typography video

i havent touched typography since then, so id definitely like to see where i stand :)

its actually kind of funny. one of the first projects i ever did in after effects was a valentines day typography video

i havent touched typography since then, so id definitely like to see where i stand :)
That's actually not bad! Based on that, I bet you could do some incredible things now. :)

i love that picture of the snake

is it yours or just one you found while walking down the street?

i love that picture of the snake

is it yours or just one you found while walking down the street?
Was my fam's, til it died. :'(